Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who has raced Bontrager Aeolus 9 D3 Clincher
Quote | Reply
Looking at buying a set of these?
Quote Reply
Re: Who has raced Bontrager Aeolus 9 D3 Clincher [cyclingbatman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have. I ended up selling the front 9 for a 7. The front 9 got scary twitchy on me a couple of times when hit with a strong crosswind gust. The 7 handles better and the time loss is basically immaterial.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who has raced Bontrager Aeolus 9 D3 Clincher [cyclingbatman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depth about the same as an 808. I have a set and like them, but will use a front Aeolus 5 if it is windy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I am a big guy and dont get moved to much by wind. I have thought about the 7 for the front and I might end up with a set of 5's for my road also. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 7 and 9 tubulars so I'll give you my $0.02. I have heard about the nine being a little twitchy on the front so when I had the chance to pick up this set, I jumped on it. I would have preferred clinchers but it was hard to pass on this deal. I love this wheelset. The build quality is excellent. The 9 is a little deeper than the 808 and the 7 is a touch shallower.

As far as handling goes, I raced Barrelman recently and it was very windy that day. Lots of gusty crosswinds caused a lot of riders to spend a lot of time on the bullhorns. I found this set to handle superbly and didn't feel the need to get out of aero due to the wind gusts.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply