Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

White Rock Marathon roll call
Quote | Reply
Ok it has been brought up so lets get a final count. I will be working the race so who will be racing or helping? Anyone want to have a dinner before or a beer after? Anyone need a ride?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: White Rock Marathon roll call [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Not running, plantar fasciitis!! GF's running the half. So I'll bring a chair and a book. Not sure when we're leaving yet. Hope the weather turn out good. I was noway near prepared to run but I'm still disappointed I'm not running it. See you there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup i'm down. looking forward to meeting a forum legend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the full....

Coming in Saturday at 12 ish from Little Rock, staying at the Hyatt, we are going out to eat somewhere at 7 ish, then back to the hotel and then I'm going to lay flat on my back and stare at the ceiling till about four. Run that bastad and get back on a flight at 4 on Sunday.

What aid station are you working, Tibbs?

And how about those damned LongHorns. Next up, USC. It was fun while it lasted.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the Sunmart 50K on Saturday and the White Rock half as a recovery run on Sunday.

I'll be the big bearded guy with the flag. You can't miss me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the half. Looking for top 20 and a PR around 1:20. Hope the weather warms up. It's freezing this week up here in OK.

----------------------------------------------------------
Someone once accused me of being swimfan. I miss that guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm running the full marathon. Plan to run with the Clif Bar 3:30:00 pace team. Look for the tall guy with blonde hair... Weather forecast for Sunday looks pretty good. Let's hope it's dry... John L
Quote Reply
Re: White Rock Marathon roll call [JohnL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm running the full marathon. Plan to run with the Clif Bar 3:30:00 pace team. Look for the tall guy with blonde hair... Weather forecast for Sunday looks pretty good. Let's hope it's dry... John L
Have a good run, man. I'll be running too. Not looking for a PR or something... I may spot you around the 3hr30 crowd. I think I still remember what you look like. LOL ;)
Quote Reply
Re: White Rock Marathon roll call [charles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be looking for you out there. This is my first marathon since Boston in '96. Be nice to qualify again since Boston will be held on my 49th birthday in '06... John L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just doing the half, last race of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To anyone who will be at the marathon my cell number is 972 814 5982. Don't worry this is a pay by the minute cheap phone I got just the for the purpose of mass give outs. I am not putting myself in any danger giving it out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can I bum a smoke after the race? I'm just doing the half, should be done in about 1:36. If you could greet me at the finish line with a Camel I'd really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any plans for a dinner gathering? i have no idea where's good to eat in that section of dallas, but i'm game for basically anything. beer after the race sounds good too.
Quote Reply
Re: White Rock Marathon roll call [RSum716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be around. Not racing, but may be working with the timing crew from Race Systems aka RunOn!

I am possibly interested in a joining a ST moment, but have to be back to work at the Mockingbird store at 11:45..........any suggestions as to where/when?

The store's been full of wild-eyed first timers with marathon checklists clutched in their clammy hands........this cold snap has them freaking out. Probably be perfect weather.........only cause we've sold a ton of cold weather gear to nervous participants. ;-)

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: White Rock Marathon roll call [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to not be working the race, can't get in contact with anyone. I will be at mile 6 screaming like an idiot with my fresh tiedye hat I got from trailbait.

If dinner is an idea give me a call.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they still need volunteers to work as course guides. Janet Smith is the coordinator. Her e-mail address is janets12@hotmail.com . I've volunteered as a course guide each of the past four or five years. It's a fun job.
Quote Reply