Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which swim corral?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

This Sunday I will be doing my first Ironman at Lake Placid. I have done a total of 4 half IMs in the past year, with three of them being in the past 2 months. I wanted to know what suggestions you had for where to place myself for the swim. I swam 43:00 with a wetsuit for two of the swims. The other swim was 49 minutes without a wetsuit.

Thanks in advance!

Nancy
Quote Reply
Re: Which swim corral? [WelchNL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelchNL wrote:
Hi all,

This Sunday I will be doing my first Ironman at Lake Placid. I have done a total of 4 half IMs in the past year, with three of them being in the past 2 months. I wanted to know what suggestions you had for where to place myself for the swim. I swam 43:00 with a wetsuit for two of the swims. The other swim was 49 minutes without a wetsuit.

Thanks in advance!

Nancy

just guessing here as I don't know what the corral times are but
43 min x 2 + 5min = 91 min give or take.
don't get in with the <60 min group so just get in with the 80-90 min groups and go from there.
enjoy the day and have a great 1st IM.
Quote Reply
Re: Which swim corral? [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Avago's suggestion. Pretty simple really. I did my first IM last year (Tahoe) and had no illusions that I was going to somehow get faster on race day. Based on my LC and pool swims, I knew which 10 minute corral to line up. I added a few minutes to that as well because I knew I wouldn't be able to hold my LC pace for IM distance. It worked because I didn't find myself swimming over anyone nor was I swum over. Good luck and enjoy the day. It goes by fast.
Last edited by: camtdc: Jul 23, 14 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Line up in the 1:21-1:30 coral. The majority of people last year were pretty realistic in terms of the self seeding. If anything, some seeded a little too aggressively as I passed some on the second loop. I swim about the same as you, seeded myself appropriately last year, and did 1:24. Wasn't really swam over at all, although I was a little surprised regarding the amount of contact at the start of the second loop. Everybody re entered the water and made a bee line for the cable.

Have fun, good luck, and I will see you at bike special needs drop off bright and early Sunday morning!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone!
Quote Reply