Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where I'm supposed to be
Quote | Reply
Was just looking at the Wildflower site, and lamenting the fact that I won't be starting this year. Yeah, I know, WF is a zoo, there are issues, issues and more issues with it. But for me, it's where I'm supposed to be in early May, and by extension in life. I'm supposed to be in that moment just before the gun goes off, one blue (or white, or whatever color is my age group's that year) cap among many re-checking my goggles, revving the engine, nervous, nervous, nervous because I just remembered that this is that race that just hurts. And then in the next heartbeat, a deep breath, and calm. Everything is where it should be: heat, competition, hills, uncertainty, chaos, more heat. I'm where I'm supposed to be: facing a big problem to solve, and I can solve it.

Anyway, a huge increase in job responsibility, and a novel I've been trying to finish writing for the last 5 years made me decide to step off the start line for a couple years. It's been 1 year, and I just miss it, so I'm lamenting, and in so doing trying to feel a little more in touch with it.

To everyone heading into their taper for WF long - hope it goes well, I'll be there to throw it down with you next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Where I'm supposed to be [Sleestack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been having similar feelings each spring for the last several years.

In June 1999, I missed the Springfield Ironhorse for the first time in 7 yrs because I was moving from Chicago to St. Louis, thinking that I would be back in a year and living much closer to the race. Well increased work responsibilities then parenthood set in, moved across the country, and next thing you know I haven't raced a tri in over 8 years. Hopefully that changes this summer as my youngest is a little older now and the work situation is a little more manageable.
Quote Reply