Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When to NO use 100mm deep front rim.
Quote | Reply
15 mp hour wind is still ok, correct
Quote Reply
Re: When to NO use 100mm deep front rim. [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's those crosswinds that ge you on that thing. I used it last year at Ford Ironman 70.3 Whirlpool Steelhead Triathlon and had some front end turbulence from the thing blowing around. That was sketchy. Most of it came from going out from between an outcrop of trees between two open fields and taking a gust of wind hard nearly perpendicular to my bike. I got some buffeting that was noticeable. Glad I had both hands on the extensions.

Latter that year (a week later) at the Bikesport Sylvania Triathlon I had an excellent bike ride with the same wheel in relatively calm conditions, flat course, open fields, no crosswinds. Super fast.

It's the gusts that get you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: When to NO use 100mm deep front rim. [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would use wheels like the Blackwell 100 in front in most of the races unless it was really gusty. The rear certainly pretty much all the time.

I rode that first new Lucero with Blackwell 100 wheels around in Kona (not in the race) and had really no problems.

H

guerrillacomm.com
Quote Reply
Re: When to NO use 100mm deep front rim. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,
that really is one flat course up there in sylvania.
i did that as my first half last summer, and it was windy, made it one of the harder bikes i have done.

Quote Reply
Re: When to NO use 100mm deep front rim. [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I see the forecast is for 19 MPH with gusts to 25 - 30 MPH
You guys who said you would use it unless it was really windy could you be a little more specific.

Last edited by: RBR: Mar 16, 07 20:46
Quote Reply