Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheels on a Specialized Shiv... Disc or not
Quote | Reply
I currently have a 2014 Shiv and am in the process of rebuilding it to change up the fit, clean it up, and hope to gain some speed. Currently I have 808 FC front and rear and wondering if there is speed to be gained.

I'm sure most discs will gain me some time. I'm trying to decide how much and if it is worth the cost. I could always sell the 808 to recoup the cost which for say a HED or FLO would take care of most of it but for say a Super 9 it would still be a big cost difference. Is there a disc that works best in the Shiv Frame? I tried searching but didn't really find much as it relates tok the Shiv specifically.

Any feedback or info would be greatly appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels on a Specialized Shiv... Disc or not [ajdufour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buy a disk and be done with it!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not keep the rear 808 and get a wheelbuilder cover specific for that wheel? About $100 and you can take it off when you get to Kona. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disc wheels are the perfect EBay or classified purchase because almost nobody rides them for training. Most probably have less than 1000 miles. If Kona is even a remote possibility I would hang on to the 808 and pick up a used disc. You can never have too many wheels.
Quote Reply