Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheelbuilder.com
Quote | Reply
After much thought and delieration, I am now thinking of a set of Zipp 606's from Wheelbuilder.com. I am thinking of this option because I can build up the wheels with DT240 hubs and ceramic bearings for about $2,000 as opposed to paying $3000 for the ZED 6's.

Any thoughts on the site with regard to their wheelbuilds, not just the disc?

Bob
Last edited by: Bobcatbob: Mar 22, 07 9:57
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelbuilder.com [Bobcatbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had great experiences with them.

Quote | Reply
Awesome service. I love the wheel I bought from him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rich built me some 808 rims to hubs I already owned. Let me pick my spokes and nipple color. Great service, 2 week turnaround.

AF
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelbuilder.com [afeltz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with their disk covers?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelbuilder.com [Spider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're great. Rich Sawaris invented the wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelbuilder.com [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just ordered one. THanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rich built my PowerTap rear wheel for me recently. Awesome, knowledgeable people who do good work at reasonable prices. I don't think I'll ever use anyone else in the future for my wheels.

--------------------------------------------------
Yeah, it's a great bike but the engine needs work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rich builds wheels for pro tour teams, including Floyd Landis' wheels. If it's good enough for them, it'll be plenty good enough for you. I haven't had a single problem with the PT wheel he built for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in on the Rich S. from wheelbuilder love-fest.

Super quality work, stands behind it, very nice guy, builds more wheels in a week than probably the next best wheel dude builds in a year.

My daughter helped me "lose" some of the screws that hold my wheelcover on, and I called him and he sent me a set of spares, for free. When my PT harness crapped out, I called him and he hooked me up a a decent price for a replacement, and I got it quickly.

I can't see why you'd buy a new wheel anyplace else.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent service. My disc was damaged when it arrived due to Fedex blunders and Wheelbuilder.com sent a replacement out the next day to me. They rock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rich is a wonderful guy and really knows what he is doing. He has built several of our wheels on PTaps and we completely trust his service. Feel comfortable using Rich!!!

Dave Bunce
dave@ismseat.com
512-968-1888
http://www.ismseat.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelbuilder.com [David Bunce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to tell you all that in the short time I've been trying to set sometyhing up with Wheelbuilder, I have been impressed. I've decided to go with a set of Zipp 606's with black Sapim spokes and the brand spanking new DT 190 Ceramic hubs. The cost for all of this speed madness is hundreds less than the base version of the Zedtech 6 and upwards of $1500 less than the Zed 6 with the ceramic upgrades. Needless to say I am pretty darn happy. Thanks for all of your input.
Quote Reply