Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel Fork Pairings
Quote | Reply
This came up in another post and it really piqued my interest...

I am looking to upgrade to a new front wheel this season (from a 404). I have an old Zipp Disc on the back and was going to go with an 808, however some data posted (Mavic Corima thread) shows the H3C to be signifigantly faster at most yaw angles than deep rimmed wheels. I have heard that the H3 does not interact well with some forks and actually increases drag... can you anyone tell me if this is just urban legend... and if not... what forks work well?

I am on a '03 Felt S22 with the stock fork and would LOVE to go with the new time bandit, but it's either new fork or new wheel this year. Can't do both.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Fork Pairings [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Typically forks with more width between the blades. I think Kinesis Carbonaero is a good example. Is what I've heard.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Fork Pairings [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fork you have is the fastest fork that has ever been tested with the H3. It's the same as the QR carbon aero, made by Kinesis for QR back when Dan was running the joint. Trek, Cannondale, and Felt have all used this fork for quite awhile because it just can't be beat aerodynamically.

Additionally, the super wide blades help counter crosswinds with the H3. All in all, I think that would be the perfect choice for you.

Chris
Quote Reply