Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel Cover on _____ wheel (mult choice)
Quote | Reply
I'm a roadie (Cat 5), have a dedicated TT bike and will do 4-6 TTs this year (all 40km). I'm looking at wheel covers for one of my current wheels. Of these wheels, which would you choose for the wheel cover and why?

A. Mavic Kysrium SL (25mm rim depth) - Used as primary crit wheelset and currently on my TT
B. Easton Circuit (28mm) - Used as pit/training wheelset
C. Neuvation S28SL (27mm) - Used as pit/training wheelset
D. Ultegra/OP 32 spoke (25mm?) - Used as training wheelset
E. Mavic Kysrium Elite (25mm) - Used as training wheelset
F. Am Classic 350

(edit: forgot my AMClass 350)
Last edited by: Saddlebags: Mar 19, 07 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Cover on _____ wheel (mult choice) [Saddlebags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I would pick the lightest wheel you have since those disc covers are pretty heavy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightest wheel or wheel with the best hub considering the aerodynamics of the spokes or hub doesn't matter, it just dpeneds on which ones spins th ebest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you already have the cover, I would just see which one fits the best. Some may require trimming and all things being equal, I would avoid this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ksyrium sounds like the lightest, but I don't know about the Neuvation...

Just make sure to trim it 'til the cover's flush with the rim, for me it took counterintuitively trimming all of the foam padding on the edge of the cover.

Do a fit test 1st and make sure that all of the fasteners line up without spoke interference as I think I remember someone posting once that they couldn't get it on on of their wheels because of this. You may have to choose your 2nd choice as a consequence. Cheers,

Jeff

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Cover on _____ wheel (mult choice) [nujeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the american classic is the lighter wheel, but ive found that they go out of true easiest of those choices. but dang are mine fast.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help my agency save babies. visit our March of Dimes website:
http://www.walkamerica.org/torresagency
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Cover on _____ wheel (mult choice) [snaps10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Third vote for the American Classic. It also has a slimmer profile than any of the other hub options (50mm).

Chris
Quote Reply