Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What's next Cannondale?
Quote | Reply
The new Slice is nice, but I know there has to be a super bike in there some where.

Where is the Magura fitted full fairing integrated fork super bike that weighs the same as an Evo?
Quote Reply
Re: What's next Cannondale? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starting Jan I expect they will be working on some neat aero designs. TT bikes? Road bikes? We shall see!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Dec 19, 14 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: What's next Cannondale? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have they schedule tunnel time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caad11???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
has a valued forum member found a new gig?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
on its way somewhere else, maybe? /pink (that should be a link)

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Dec 19, 14 10:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hired aero-weenie???

I need a light aero bike for my fat ass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe my ass needs a fairing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post elsewhere about the Slice 2015:

Fire away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
Hired aero-weenie???

I need a light aero bike for my fat ass.

the degree to which dat ass was phat has no bearing on how light the bike should be.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there is a direct correlation of weight/aeroness/kardasian-ness.
Quote Reply
Re: What's next Cannondale? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about aero compared to p5, felt ia?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
What about aero compared to p5, felt ia?

We know the P5 and newest Felt models post "better"data and higher price tags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would hope for an aero road bike. That is strangely missing from their lineup.

I have also heard (unsubstantiated) that an Evo refresh in the works. Great as the bike is, it has remained essentially unchanged for many years.

Cannondale really makes me scratch their heads some times, mostly with the little things. CAAD10 for instance: awesome frame - hits it out of the park in almost every area. Front fork/brake has massive tire clearance. You can even fit a fender under the fork. Rear end seatstay bridge is impossibly close to the tire. Would have been cake to slide it up a couple more milimeters and make room for decent size tires and even the fenders like the Raceblade longs. As is, when you set up 23mm tires and raceblade longs you get barely 1mm of space.

CAAD10 disc - great beautiful frame where everything is routed internally and the hydraulic hose for the front brake is stapled onto the fork leg with a plastic cover.

SuperX uses downtube cable routing on a CX bike.

Things like that, etc. Cannondale makes great bike and you get a lot for your money, moreso than from most other places. Just wish they would spend a little more time thinking about the details. Maybe they have their reasons.
Quote Reply
Re: What's next Cannondale? [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet we see a Semi-Aero EVO next

JesseN wrote:
I would hope for an aero road bike. That is strangely missing from their lineup.

I have also heard (unsubstantiated) that an Evo refresh in the works. Great as the bike is, it has remained essentially unchanged for many years.

Cannondale really makes me scratch their heads some times, mostly with the little things. CAAD10 for instance: awesome frame - hits it out of the park in almost every area. Front fork/brake has massive tire clearance. You can even fit a fender under the fork. Rear end seatstay bridge is impossibly close to the tire. Would have been cake to slide it up a couple more milimeters and make room for decent size tires and even the fenders like the Raceblade longs. As is, when you set up 23mm tires and raceblade longs you get barely 1mm of space.

CAAD10 disc - great beautiful frame where everything is routed internally and the hydraulic hose for the front brake is stapled onto the fork leg with a plastic cover.

SuperX uses downtube cable routing on a CX bike.

Things like that, etc. Cannondale makes great bike and you get a lot for your money, moreso than from most other places. Just wish they would spend a little more time thinking about the details. Maybe they have their reasons.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually aero, or marketed as aero because the tubes are less wide than the competition ? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JesseN wrote:
Actually aero, or marketed as aero because the tubes are less wide than the competition ? :-)

actually semi aero!
ala R5/Madone

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I absolutely agree about the CAAD10. Great bikes that could be even better if thet accommodated bigger tires. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JesseN wrote:

Well to be fair to that front fork, it is actually much easier to service hydraulic brakes that are not internal as you don't have to re-bleed them. This is why almost all hydraulic lines on mountain bikes are external and held on with small zip ties along the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
The new Slice is nice, but I know there has to be a super bike in there some where.
Where is the Magura fitted full fairing integrated fork super bike that weighs the same as an Evo?

Damon + Denk? I sure hope the bar is set very very high as those two are capable of creating industry-leading products. cannondale was once the creator of the show-stopping concept bikes that Canyon, BMC, LW, and a few others have shown recently at Eurobike.

I think they should be in a good position as CSG has never really produced an aero road bike and hasn't done Tri-first/UCI-be-damned designs in a couple decades. They don't need to worry about the current product cycle and can just fire-at-will.

-SD

**EDIT: Oh snap! http://bicycleretailer.com/...k-aligns#.VJRrFV4AAA
Last edited by: SuperDave: Dec 19, 14 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: What's next Cannondale? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JesseN wrote:

I was just talking about this with a buddy the other day--Cannondale-Garmin had team camp and no pictures or mention of bikes even though they spent a couple days in CT at Cannondale....
Quote Reply
Re: What's next Cannondale? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd buy that, except all of the Synapse and SuperX bikes have it routed internally. Seems like this was just an afterthought given the rest of the frame, rear brake included, is all internal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My CAAD10 can fit 700x32 vittoria xn tires front and rear. It's super tight in the fork, but i have plenty of room in the chainstays.

My Evo rubs in the rear with 25s. Not constantly, but when the wheel flexes it rubs. This year I'll be racing an emonda instead. Plenty of room for big tires on this bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next