Joe Bonness
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...Australian toaster biscuits?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chuckle had some mental health issues if I remember correctly and checked out. About 2 years ago or so a friends of mine was doing a thru hike on the AT and ran into him there. Chuckie had a trail blog going for a bit but it wasn't kept very up to date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olaf is Sports Director here and is coaching.

Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family on Fuertoventura

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pdxjohn wrote:
Chuckie V
Belinda Granger
Olaf Sabatschus
Cliff Rigsbee
Lisa Bentley
Joe Bonness

Belinda retired last year and had stuck to do tri's in the APAC region for the last two seasons before that. Not sure if she's still involved in the industry but I know she was a teacher before going pro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like an update on joe, I had heard he was having some heart issues, so hope that is not what put him on the sidelines. His wife used to post here all the time, but haven't seen her either. Maybe they just up and retired and live In a mountain cabin somewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe B has a special place in my heart. He won the great floridian in 2007 (my first IM dist race with only 8 months in the sport) and i was in awe of how great a person/athlete he was. My first inspiration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lisa Bentley is coaching and doing colour commentary on some TV productions.

Even in the years that she was racing at high levels she would head back out on the course to cheer on all the athletes still competing..
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to one of his wife's (Support Crew) last posts he's signed up for the Great Floridian this year. Not sure if that's still accurate.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#5296380
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I'd like an update on joe, I had heard he was having some heart issues, so hope that is not what put him on the sidelines. His wife used to post here all the time, but haven't seen her either. Maybe they just up and retired and live In a mountain cabin somewhere.

Last I heard he had back surgery too and was not thinking a comeback was in the cards.
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [jimruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimruns wrote:
Lisa Bentley is coaching and doing colour commentary on some TV productions.

Even in the years that she was racing at high levels she would head back out on the course to cheer on all the athletes still competing..

she was at IMMT doing promo work for Subaru
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe is training for GFT this year. More for survival and sentiment than speed. He does have back problems to deal with. He has surgery back in 2012. He has had a lot of challenges in his businesses this past 5 years, so getting training hours in is difficult. He is very active in the sport in local race organization as well.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Greg Watson - dude was a beast in duathlon from 2001-2006…what ever happened to him?
Last edited by: Raw Oyster: Aug 28, 15 19:19
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [nstearns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Belinda still races a little despite being retired. She was definitely at the Vietnam and Philippines 70.3/5150 (which she won). She later said that the 70.3 will be her last one ever. But i won;t be surprise if she shows up for her favourite race at the end of the year in Phuket

Lisa Bentley is still very much involved in the sport, think she is one of the organizers for Tremblant and she was commentating as well. She coaches and has a staple of athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
support crew wrote:
Joe is training for GFT this year. More for survival and sentiment than speed. He does have back problems to deal with. He has surgery back in 2012. He has had a lot of challenges in his businesses this past 5 years, so getting training hours in is difficult. He is very active in the sport in local race organization as well.

Hi Sue!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
support crew wrote:

Thanks for the post Sue. Joe is the man. He has integrity which we all know is tough when he has had to compete against Kevin Moats, who is just the opposite.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe is an incredible ambassador for the sport. Always races clean, no matter what his competition may be doing. I have spoken to him at a few IMs, what a quiet, humble man. Good health Joe.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever happened to trijuice.com. They haven't posted news for months. Have they gone belly-up?

Edited to correct auto-correct.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Sep 30, 15 20:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for updating us. nice to see you posting here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the Lavender Room. Isn't that where all retired triathletes end up. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Khai?
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Olaf is Sports Director here and is coaching.

Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family on Fuertoventura

And injured his knee so retired, but it's getting better so he'll race Lanzarote next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Whatever happened to…………? [Raw Oyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How about Greg Watson

BarryP might know about him. I know they ran together a few times here and there.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...predictability? The milk man, the paper boy, evening tv?
Quote Reply

Prev Next