Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k...
Quote | Reply
http://imgur.com/cw6kDAv

This really just happened last week, photog caputured it and someone made this creative gif, turns out she apologized when outted and made a donation to their charity. Still an odd reactin to getting passed.

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Last edited by: thirstygreek: Jul 21, 14 7:51
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why was she running with her arms up in the first place? was she at the finish line or something?
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finish line was right there, odd thing is its a weekly Summer Series 5k and by all accounts even the photographer nothing was said she just was passed at the last minute.

Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now you understand why WTC doesn't allow family members to run with athletes down the finisher's chute :)

Talk about photo bombing someone finishline's pic

Quote | Reply
Man, what a poor loser.

Wonder if she would have done the same if it were a young kid.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was she about to win first place or something?

My triathlon training blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Classy.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [tejanatab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tejanatab wrote:
Was she about to win first place or something?

If she was entered in the 4.95k race... You ALWAYS run through the finish line...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL....that is pretty damn funny.

Race is never over until you cross the finish line....Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait a minute. After reading other threads about video/photographic evidence, shouldn't we be discussing what happened in the time leading up to this. Maybe the passer had been taunting the finger girl for 4.9K, or had just punched or tried to trip her as she went by, or had stolen the pasta ladle from her at the buffet the night before. There could be a very good explanation why the passing girl deserved this.

"Some folks plan for the optimum race, others like to get upset when others out plan them. "
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THAT made me laugh. A lot! Maybe if she unplugged herself she would have heard the girl that was actually racing, shoes unlaced, chugging up on the left side. Only herself to blame. She should have given herself the old "I coulda had a V8" slap to the forehead versus the double-barreled bird. The GIF would have been just as worthy.

Dave
Last edited by: djmercer: Jul 21, 14 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [JimSanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to facebook comments the passer is nothing but kind and wouldnt bother a fly and is part of a charity team of runners called The November Project. That nutty chick who flipped the double bird is the world's worst sport.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I thought the pink font would express the sarcasm sufficiently, but I guess not.

Read here for some more context.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5171728

"Some folks plan for the optimum race, others like to get upset when others out plan them. "
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lets look closer. They both have earphones. The loser only has 1, the winner 2. But the winner has a shoe that is untied.

So the winner was even more handicapped and still kicked butt.

And I thought only males did stuff like this. :o)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, i sense a rivalry...maybe a season/series rivalry.

while i think the two birds are foul (ha), i've felt that way before and i know others have, too...

at b2b half one year, as i passed a fellow AGer on the run, I said something to the tune of "looking strong" and he told me to f@<k off...

that being said, the poor sport did pony up some money for the charity, so it's all good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaaaand, DQ them both! And that is why you run thru the finish line, but I bet if she didn't have headphones in, she would have heard her coming! But funniest thing so far today, but the day is young.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Try Not To Puke on the Finish Line!
http://trynot2puke.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everybody knows you just sit on and get a free ride until the last 100 meters

http://i15.photobucket.com/...ige_Nys_Groenend.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

It is, and I agree. It's funny though; I remember previous threads here where people said it was poor form to pass right before the finish line (though they'd never pin down where exactly the race portion stopped and the photo portion started). Mood seems to be different in this case for whatever reason.

Don't celebrate early.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [running2far] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
running2far wrote:
Everybody knows you just sit on and get a free ride until the last 100 meters

http://i15.photobucket.com/...ige_Nys_Groenend.jpg

that would entail not going out way too hard on the first mile and barely hanging on at the end.

your way of racing is too smart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

I'd like to see this be the next TRS t-shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
Power13 wrote:

It is, and I agree. It's funny though; I remember previous threads here where people said it was poor form to pass right before the finish line (though they'd never pin down where exactly the race portion stopped and the photo portion started). Mood seems to be different in this case for whatever reason.

Don't celebrate early.

I go back and forth.....at the risk of being judgmental, I'd guess that neither of these ladies were really duking it out for top honors (and if I am wrong, somebody please feel free to correct me). Sure, it is a race, but sprinting past someone for twenty-soemthing? I dunno....

But again, it is a race and just because you are down in the finishing standings doesn't mean that it stops being a race.

I see and understand both sides of it. Last year in a local sprint tri, I got passed in the last 100m by a guy.....and (unbeknownst to me at the time), he took the last podium spot. I tip my hat to him....he was able to kick for the line and I wasn't. He earned it. If I had been coming in for 20th-something, I probably would have just said "Meh...whatever."

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race your own race, right to the finish. There is no line up to get ready for your finisher line photo pose.

Sheer awesomeness though. If I was the passer and someone did that to me I would definitely by the race photo for the first time. Absolutely classic.
Quote Reply
Re: What happens after you pass someone at a local 5k... [Dufflite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a 5k "race" and they both are wearing i-pods .... neither one is racing. At least the one in purple actually cares about running to the line. Credit to her. the other chick is an idiot in my mind.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Toby wrote:
Power13 wrote:

Don't celebrate early.

I go back and forth.....at the risk of being judgmental, I'd guess that neither of these ladies were really duking it out for top honors (and if I am wrong, somebody please feel free to correct me). Sure, it is a race, but sprinting past someone for twenty-soemthing? I dunno....

But again, it is a race and just because you are down in the finishing standings doesn't mean that it stops being a race.

I see and understand both sides of it. Last year in a local sprint tri, I got passed in the last 100m by a guy.....and (unbeknownst to me at the time), he took the last podium spot. I tip my hat to him....he was able to kick for the line and I wasn't. He earned it. If I had been coming in for 20th-something, I probably would have just said "Meh...whatever."

20th >21st
fight till the end, man.
and, yes, you're being judgmental....but I thought the same thing. ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next