Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What did you see on your ride/run/swim today?
Quote | Reply
On my ride today I was on a switchback looking out over East Canyon (Salt Lake City) and noticed a Red Tailed Hawk. He was riding the ridge lift and almost exactly at the same height as the road so I was looking slightly down on him. As I was looking, he banked such that the sun reflected off the tops of his wings making him completely aglow. Not something you see everyday.
Did you see anything interesting today?
Cheers,
Jim
Quote Reply
Re: What did you see on your ride/run/swim today? [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny you should ask. around here it is rare to see a cyclist and even more rare to see a runner. i think in the 4 years i've been training i've seen 2 runners on the road (there is only one). today i saw a guy running in just black shorts (so obviously a foreigner) and he had such a nice clip that i was mesmerized for a bit. i even took a picture of him.

so, what is probably commonplace in your world, i would guess, a guy running on the road was a huge diverson for me! i enjoyed watching him but thought he was crazy running out there :)) he had a super nice turnover though. i'm old enough that i couldn't really check him out all that well so the only thing that called my attention was his amazing clip.

yup - such an oddity i took 2 fotos!

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Last edited by: kathy_caribe: Aug 2, 14 16:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started my run before dawn; went past a local golf course and they had the trees in front of the clubhouse lit with red&blue&purple lights. Looked really nice in the dark. On the way back home past the same course right around sunrise and the fairways had that thick layer of ground fog that just looks really cool in the morning.

What I DIDN'T see (because I was busy looking at the lights) was the web some enterprising spider made between a sign and low-hanging tree branches overhanging the sidewalk. Spent the next 1/4 mile getting the spider silk off my face. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run: slow people, a river, a velodrome
Ride: A rabbit, a vulture (not at the same time) and rain.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black line.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While riding I saw a guy with 10 or 15 Ironman stickers on his bike. He got pissed when we passed him, he passed back then we dumped him. It was comical.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
On my ride today I was on a switchback looking out over East Canyon (Salt Lake City) and noticed a Red Tailed Hawk. He was riding the ridge lift and almost exactly at the same height as the road so I was looking slightly down on him. As I was looking, he banked such that the sun reflected off the tops of his wings making him completely aglow. Not something you see everyday.
Did you see anything interesting today?
Cheers,
Jim

Tons of fellow triathletes as I was checking my bike in for a race tomorrow. Accordingly I also saw a ton of nice bikes. Otherwise was just checking out the river the swim is in and it looks like I'm going to set a swim PR with the current.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nothing today, after a private swim video session and breakfast spent most of the day in front of computer working. Yesterday was interesting though. Swimming at La Jolla Cove saw a 4ft long shark. Not sure what kind it was, definitely not a leopard shark because it was grey. Probably a Soupfin shark.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A fricking bobcat! I'm in Santa Cruz California on vacation and rented a bike to go on a long ride this morning, heading north along Pacific Coast Highway. The bike shop recommended I that around the 10-13 mile mark I take a side road with some nice scenery and climbs. I did just that and not 5 minutes in, a wild bobcat crosses right in front of me, scampers up a tree and stops half way to look at me. I slowed down and stared at it for a bit. Such a beatiful animal. Gotta say, biking out here sure beats Chicago. Beaches, cliffs, surfers, homeless people/beach bums, wildlife, climbs, nature...

Gotta get me a job over here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't see anything really cool but I was trying to avoid and out run a rain cloud. The cloud won, I got wet

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ride: x men 1-2, part of Saving private Ryan and a big ass puddle of sweat
Run: sun light
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sea lions !!!!! Lots of them in the water at the Santa Cruz 1mi ow swim today. They were closer than I've ever seen them in the many years I've done this swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my run a woman hammering on a mountain bike with bouncing (.)_(.)

Due to thunderstorms on the bike I saw Coach Troy for 5 hours

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Five seconds before my swim race started (the announcer had just started the 5second count down) a Harbour seal popped up about ten feet in front of us. He was just looking at us, clearly curious. It was very cool.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you see on your ride/run/swim today? [toreishi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you guys swimming along the pier, following a kayaker? My wife told me, when I got back from my ride, that she saw a group of swimmers and that some stopped while a sea lion swam in front of them.

Maybe it was you?!
Quote Reply
Re: What did you see on your ride/run/swim today? [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coulda' been : I was one of the 200 wearing a green cap !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as I was about to get into a local lake, I looked up in an Ash tree and saw 4 Turkey Vultures, 2 of which were sitting perfectly still with their wings outstretched.

I honestly thought they were statues or figures used to keep goose away. Had never noticed them before and probably wouldn't have today, but because of the Ash Bore infestation in Northern Illinois, the top of the tree was completely exposed.

Was pretty cool....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my bike ride I saw a Supermarine Spitfire MK.VC, Curtiss P-40C Tomahawk, P-51D Mustang, and Republic P-47D Thunderbolt fly about 50ft above me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wall in front of my treadmill :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A huge ship docking at a little public dock on our lake. Never seen such a thing. They must have come in through the locks but no idea why they were docking there.

Lightning. (Very rare around here.)

An ~80 year old lady running in a very sharp racer looking outfit and shoes. She looked like my GF and had a mark in the same place on her skin. She said hi. I told my GF that 50 years from now she'll travel back in time to say hi to me this morning. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 hours into my ride I saw a big tan colored Pit Bull chasing me, luckily I was on flat to slightly downhill section of road and had a good lead on him. I never really heard much but just went to check over my shoulder for cars and saw him coming at me with bad intentions, had to make the decision to try and outsprint him or try and spray him with my water bottle, went for the sprint. Until it happens to you, you don't really know how scary it can be, especially after reading about the runner killed by dogs recently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really worthy, and no pics, because I saw my black computer screen from my trainer. Video card is broken...very boring stuff. You have some cool photos though!

Dtyrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a dude ride off a cliff today. A car was driving uphill on a narrow road (just passed me,) and the cyclist was descending. The car gave him zero room and forced him off the cliff. I stopped to help as best I could, but the piece of shit car just drove off. Luckily the guy had no injuries whatsoever after bailing off a 30+ foot cliff. Not even a scratch. I was blown away. I offered to call 911 and fished his bike out of a tree for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26 kangaroo's !!!! Counting the buggers kept me mind of the tempo swell of discomfort... They certainly weren't worried about me, 10ft was the closet I got to one of them.....
Quote Reply
Re: What did you see on your ride/run/swim today? [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My chain on the ground…grr
Quote Reply

Prev Next