Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races?
Quote | Reply
Hi - currently use a rudy project aero helmet.

what are you currently using? I'm in the market for something different.

Best,
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RP Wingspan

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Giro A2 because it is a low cost safe bet. But more importantly because it matches my Kiwami Amphibian Rio trisuit really well.
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hah - my reason right there why i want a new aero helmet.

i have a white rudy project and my bike is flat black. want something to match.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized S-Works TT

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LG P-09

Heard good things about the odds of it testing fast on a given person, and it was cheaper than the S-Works Mclaren
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kask bambino - very happy though it was on the pricey side.

But if you like flat black....

Last edited by: vancity: Jul 30, 15 11:26
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks good - have you used that for an ironman?

small air inlets

i was considering an aero road helmet for ironman lake tahoe given that it's not a very flat course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have in a few hot races -- it was fine for me

I spoke with someone else first before purchasing, and it also is mentioned in this review here:
http://www.bikeradar.com/...sk-bambino-14-48751/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giro A2 if I'm driving or at local races.

Giro Air Attack if I'm flying. Giving up 15 seconds over 40 Km is worth it, in exchange for not smacking other passengers with a giant helmet hanging off my backpack.
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Specialized S-Works TT

+1

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfleeger wrote:
I use the Giro A2 because it is a low cost safe bet. But more importantly because it matches my Kiwami Amphibian Rio trisuit really well.

Hate to admit it, but my Giro A2 goes great with my tri club kit. If I can't be fast, then at least I want to look good. ;)

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [Redcorvette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giro A2 this year after Lazer Tardiz last three years. Feel the A2 is a bit more aero, especially around the ears (other than a little tricky getting on over the ears).
Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giro A2. Cheap and good bet without wind tunnel testing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently switched aero helmets. I was using a Catlike Chrono (which matched my team's kit) but I went to a POC Cerebel in an obnoxious orange color. I've done a few endurance bricks and 100+ degree rides in the Cerebel and it doesn't seem too hot even without vents. I don't know if it's any faster but it looks way cool!
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [Redcorvette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redcorvette wrote:
tfleeger wrote:

Hate to admit it, but my Giro A2 goes great with my tri club kit. If I can't be fast, then at least I want to look good. ;)

Mark

I use the A2, as well.

X2 on the "low cost safe bet".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
White LG Vorttice

Not the sexiest helmet, and not the best wind tunnel tested helmet, but I got it brand new for $25 at an end of the season clearance sale, & found an amber visor for another $20, so all in, it cost me $45...so that's why I use it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LG P-09. It used to be flat black, but now it's shiny black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bell Javelin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rudy Project Wing57 the best from my point of view as it is very much aero but not to long and not to short... i used it at 40 C in Frankfurt as you can change or remove the airinlet, so it is not to hot either
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lazer Tard iz the one I'm using now.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats why there's spray paint :P
Quote Reply
Re: What Aero Helmet Are You Currently Using at Races? [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wind tunnel and ERO testing data say it's not as aero as other helmets like the LG P-09 and the S - Works TT

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 30, 15 14:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was using a Giro Advantage 2, but I got myself a Specialized Evade last year for Honu (hot 70.3), and I now use it for all my races.

Especially when the course isn't closed (and none of the ones I do are), I much prefer the improved awareness (sound) when using that one, and I don't think I'm losing too much on the aero side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smith Overtake - great for training, great for racing...all distances.
Quote Reply

Prev Next