Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike.
Quote | Reply
Perusing the Classifieds and Fleabay I see a lot of high-end bikes on the secondary market, well over the $5K mark. It got me thinking about what is the highest price I'd be willing to pay for a used bike, with probably no warranty. So:

• What is the highest price you've ever paid for a used bike, or:
  • What is the max you'd be willing to pay for a used bike, maybe it's a superbike? or:
  • I'LL NEVER BUY USED. MY LBS KNOWS MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER BY HEART

Quote Reply
Re: What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike. [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$2100. 2010 Felt B10, bough in 2014/2015ish.
Quote Reply
Re: What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike. [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stick to ST classified, craig’s list or pink bike where I can buy local or know that a twitch hunt would make me whole.

I maxed out at $2,300 for a cross bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$450 for my P2sl frame /fork / post

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spent over $5k on a Trek SC 9.9 via MyBikeShop.com

Wouldn’t have spent that kind of money without an intermediary like them. There was a small issue with the bike that they fixed gratis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$5k

sold the wheels and some other parts that were duplicate from what I prefer.. so net was about 3K.. 4 years later I still have the bike and love it. Only the FD and RD and headset are from the original build now.. and those will soon go as I am moving from 9070 to 9150.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Spectrum 7sp Dura Ace for $700 in 1999.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Nosecone Shiv for 3000$. Basically someone bought a new bike with all the bells and whistles and then decided riding a bike wasn't as much fun as they thought. They sold the Zipp 1080 and disc and I bought the rest.

I am amazed how many bikes get relisted on EBay time and time again. People list bikes for basically what you could buy the new model.

There is the bike blue book site to provide some pricing guidance, but I don't really know where they get there data from because good luck finding a used bike for their listed prices. I think they list Gen 2 Speed Concepts for like 1900$.
Last edited by: grumpier.mike: Oct 26, 17 20:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$750 for an argon 18. Starter bike to see if I can even ride an aero bike.
Love it.
Quote Reply
Re: What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike. [ivanthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ivanthedog wrote:
$750 for an argon 18. Starter bike to see if I can even ride an aero bike.
Love it.

Ivan Rana - is that you? Argon 18 would probably flow you the bike if you called them.

$1,600 for a Cannondale Caad 10 Black Inc Ui2. I would have a hard time buying a carbon bike used. (But I would have a hard time buying a carbon bike new.)

Quote Reply
Re: What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike. [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty good deal. I paid $1,000 for a used CAAD9 BBQ with SRAM Rival. I really miss that bike! (crashed, top tube buckled)
Quote Reply
Re: What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike. [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paid $4400 for a 1 year old Supersix Evo Hi-Mod last year because I couldn't resist how good of a deal it was. Previous generation Evo, but came with Dura-Ace Di2, practically new Enve 4.5s, full Enve finishing kit, an SiSL2 crankset and a Garmin 520. Sold it to a friend a few months later for basically what I paid since I couldn't justify the purchase...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Complete bike I spent $940 on a 2007 Trek Pilot 5.9 back in 2012.

Current road bike I bought the frameset used off of eBay. 2014 Supersix EVO non hi mod for $675. Sourced out almost all the rest of the parts used to build it up (bars, groupset, stem). New stuff was seatpost, chain, cables/housing and bar tape. Reused my existing wheelset, saddle and chainrings that I had on the Trek.

Not sure what my limit for a used bike would be. But I was very tempted to buy a used Felt B2 with Di2 (2016 model) listed on my local Craigslist. Guy wanted was throwing in his upgraded saddle, Ti speedplay pedals and a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine trainer too all for $2k. Wife was even ok with me buying it but couldn't make the numbers work where I'd pull the trigger selling my current Tri bike setup and fluid trainer (after swapping a few parts first).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$3,500 for Trek SC 9.9 Race Shop Limited paint scheme. Few years old with training wheels and Dura Ace Di2. After a season of racing, I actually got a few things cleaned up and refurbed at a Carbon Repair place, mostly small cosmetic things plus worn out dropouts. Cost another $1k, but worth it since I plan to keep it for the long haul. Might upgrade around it one day, like the aerobars.
Quote Reply
Re: What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike. [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope not Rana.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I paid $2500 for a wilier twinblade running sram red. If you wait you can find bargains but some of the prices are crazy, I wouldn’t pay 5k for anything second hand.
Quote Reply
Re: What's the most $$$ you've spent for a USED bike. [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
I paid $2500 for a wilier twinblade running sram red. If you wait you can find bargains but some of the prices are crazy, I wouldn’t pay 5k for anything second hand.

I'm in agreement with you here. I think $2,500 would be the very top of what I'd conceivably pay for a used ride, though if you asked my wife it'd be much less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$7500 for a s-works venge vias disc. I think I will set the record.
Quote Reply