Orca Apex2
Zoot Zenith

Skinsuit
Blueseventy pointzero3
Orca Killa
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits/Skinsuits [TriFRED] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I have a QR wetsuit... I love it. The Superful is the most comfortable suit I have worn. The material is super flexible. I actually should have gotten a size smaller as it stretches so well.

At Hawaii I got a Orca Killa... the thing was fast. HAd a great swim (2nd OA) and it was my easiest Hawaii swim.

paw
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits/Skinsuits [paw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is the Killa racesuit with a chamois or just a swim skinsuit...? Did you just swim in it or did you wear it for the whole race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just a swim skinsuit. I wore it for the swim and had my race outfit under it. The zipper/locking mechanism is really simple and it came off fast and easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However it does contain a pad so it could be used as a race suit as well, if you wanted..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my Zenith. A lot...

If you live near San Diego Zoot is having a demo event this Sunday. They're bringing a ton of Zeniths and Speedzoots to a pool for people to try. Kate Major will be there and some other local hotshots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding the swim speedsuits, what sort of races are people considering these for? Ironman? Would people use them in a sprint?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits/Skinsuits [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warm water races where wetsuits are not allowed - Kona, st. croix, etc...
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits/Skinsuits [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or a race like the SOS where you have to run and carry all your stuff with you and want to be faster in the swim. I just hope a skin suit will come off easily or is comfortable to run in.

I have ordered the blueSeventy skin suit. As soon as I get it I will test and report back.

I am also switching from an Ironman Stealth to the Blue Seventy full suit. anyone have a comment about that suit? Thanks.

--------------------
Jeanne Roth
Team Timex 2007/2008
http://jeannejeannie.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits/Skinsuits [jeanneroth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skinsuits are gold and I wouldn't race in anything else! The only expection would be if you are doing an IM length race and you wanted to wear a "real" pair of bike shorts so you can get the extra padding, otherwise skinsuits can handle any distance and will always give you an edge in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Obviously biased in my recommendation, I would invite you to try out out our

T1 Wetsuits

Forza Trisuits

and

Liftfoil Speedsuits.

If you do not like them, you can always return them, even after you have used them.

Click on each image below to get more details.

Ask for the same guarantee from my competitors, buy them all, test them all, and return to the respective companies what you don't want.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits/Skinsuits [jeanneroth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently switched from an Ironman Instinct to a blueseventy Helix. Both are fullsuits.

I LOVE IT...easily the most comfortable wetsuit I've ever worn (i've had a cheapo Performance suit which of course sucked, an Orca and also have demo'd a QR).

Super flexible, buoyant in all the right places....fits like a second skin.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply