Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit opinions.
Quote | Reply
I may be to the point were I need to replace my wetsuit this season or next and would like to get some opinions. I currently have a T1 ( bib john and top). I have always raced in only the bib john except once and it wasn't good. The water temp. was in the upper 60's low 70's and I became over heated lost my breathing rhythm and had a slower swim than I have subsequently in the same race with just the bibjohn. All the races I do are in this temp range. The bibjohn is very comfortable however I do notice that it seems to parachute at my chest and I am sure this causes drag. The big selling point was that there is much less shoulder restriction with the two piece which I don't race in and of course no shoulder restriction with the bibjohn. I know there have been a lot of improvements in wetsuits since I have purchased my suit and the shoulder restriction may not be as much of an issue. My worry in thinking about a one piece is that if my experience is going to be the same as when I wore both the top and the bibjohn I would be overheated and out of breath. I am 5 '11 and do not have an unusually long or short torso however I do have a wide chest/shoulder proportion for my waist. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks, Norm.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit opinions. [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a TRES sleeveless top, for just that reason, but before I got it, I had one of my better swims when the water ws marginal for wetsuit legal. I knew I would overheat if I hammered it. I tried to be as smooth and long as possible and my time and relative placement were quite good for me. And, I was really relaxed and ready to ride when I got out of the water.

By the way, when the water is warmish, grab the bottom of the T1 top and pull it open for a split second every now and then. It will fill with cold water.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply