Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit on backwards.
Quote | Reply
I saw this @ the Toronto Island Triathlon this weekend.... Racer headed down to swim, zipping his sleeveless suit up. I laughed thought about Slowtwitch and then quietly explained his error. I didn't have the heart to let him get to the beach.

J

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit on backwards. [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the shawnigan lake triathlon here in bc I had to watch a guy get informed that his bright red wetsuit was inside out......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've informed someone of the same thing at Muncie in 2012 and he insisted it fit better that way.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite wetsuit "oops" moments I have witnessed.

- Backwards wetsuit.
- The inside out wetsuit.
- 5' tall woman borrowing her 6' tall husband's wetsuit. It didn't fit her well.
- Guy wearing a full wetsuit for an Oly... in August... in Houston... in a lake that was 90 degrees. He was standing next to me when we were about to get into our wave corral. I had to tell him there was no way they would allow that plus he was probably going to burn up like a fried egg.
- Woman wearing her wetsuit on the bike during the Texas 70.3 in 2012. It was about 80 degrees out. She actually started to run in it as well when a race official told her to take it off.
- Scuba wetsuits.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit on backwards. [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At a local Tri last season in NH, standing next to a guy about 10 minutes before the swim, he asked me where the changing tents were. Being a local/grassroots event we were lucky to have bike racks and porta potties. I informed him that there weren't any, that's when he told me he was going commando and had driven to the event in his wetsuit. He DNS'd, embarrassed that after the swim he would've had to strip down in front of children and families to get his bike gear on.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit on backwards. [BestSkierTy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BestSkierTy wrote:
At a local Tri last season in NH, standing next to a guy about 10 minutes before the swim, he asked me where the changing tents were. Being a local/grassroots event we were lucky to have bike racks and porta potties. I informed him that there weren't any, that's when he told me he was going commando and had driven to the event in his wetsuit. He DNS'd, embarrassed that after the swim he would've had to strip down in front of children and families to get his bike gear on.

If he's willing to drive to the race in his wetsuit why not do the entire race in it?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well not in the stupid category, Rev3 Knoxville was brutally cold in 2013 and a few of the pros and even more AGers kept their wetsuits on for the bike portion. IIRC the water was 55F and the daytime high was 50F and it rained. A lot!

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I have not yet worn my wetsuit inside out or backwards (to my knowledge) I did somehow put on my trisuit backwards at some ungodly hour before an IM and when trying to go to the loo before the race had to strip of and change it in a porta potty, which had a degree of ick that reduced me to tears (I do laugh at myself sometimes, you have to, in this sport)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw my first inside out wetsuit this past weekend in the corral. We had about 2 minutes until start, I figured it was best to not say anything (as no one else did) so she didn't have it in her head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the guys that approach the mount line with their aero helmets on backwards? They look like a stork. I won't tell them otherwise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A good friend of mine has a DeSoto two-piece suit, like me. The first time she tried it on for a race, we were lined up to go down to the beach when I noticed she'd put the top on first and then the bibjohn on over it. I quietly point it out to her (Not many other people noticed, oddly enough). She's so good natured she laughed as much as anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of these are pretty funny

https://www.google.com/...mp;bih=1075#imgdii=_

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A guy wearing a pair of very old jammers where the seat was worn down to essentially 'see-through' with nothing left to the imagination. People lined up behind him before the swim start were snickering, but no one ever mentioned anything to him. It was funny to watch other folks bending around to check their own rears once they saw him...

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chicago tri last weekend, swam next to someone with his wetsuit on backwards. It seemed to be working OK for him, but I can't image it was comfy.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit on backwards. [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That race sucked. I froze my keester off, then the run turned into an Xterra race in calf deep water. Awful.

I have yet to see a wetsuit malfunction, I have my eyes peeled though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TD at CDN AG Nats telling a guy he had to take it off. Watching said guy pack his gear and go.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A fried egg and scuba wetsuits. Gold, my man!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit on backwards. [Redcorvette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redcorvette wrote:
A guy wearing a pair of very old jammers where the seat was worn down to essentially 'see-through' with nothing left to the imagination. People lined up behind him before the swim start were snickering, but no one ever mentioned anything to him. It was funny to watch other folks bending around to check their own rears once they saw him...

Mark

That's actually happened to me once with a reasonably new set of speedo jammers. Maybe a couple of months old, took them off after practice, it was like looking through a wet sheet of single ply toilet paper. Pretty embarrassing stuff. I felt especially bad for the people behind me on breast stroke sets.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen a girl in her early 20's about 10min until swim start with her wetsuit on backwards and I discreetly let her know that her suit was on backwards. She asked if I was sure and I said to look around at everyone else and she thanked me and put in on right in time for the start.

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...k%20wetsuit;#3083159

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit on backwards. [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not for nothin' but NO ONE was wearing a wetsuit in Muncie in 2012...the water was pushing 90 degrees.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit on backwards. [Afletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, you are correct, it was his speed suit.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply