Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Warning, if you are going up Angeles Crest to Cloudburst.
Quote | Reply
ON the way down from Cloudburst, the first 2-3 miles have some wheel killing 10ft wide 3-4inch deep, 1-2 foot long areas of gaps on the pavement. I managed to bunny hop all but one, the biggest. I didn't quite tme it right (~30+) and hip the far end. I'm amazed that it didn't bent my wheels. MY tires must have saved them. I can't beleive that they didn't explode. scary. Be really careful going back toward Newcomb's from up there. The uphill side has none of that. From the 6000 foot sign to the top really scout out the descending side.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Warning, if you are going up Angeles Crest to Cloudburst. [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ride it yesterday? Were you in yellow? I saw ONE other cyclist on the loop yesterday...

I recommend going up to Cloudburst (heading East on Angeles Crest) and doing it that way. That was pretty good, since the worst pavement was all done climbing.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Warning, if you are going up Angeles Crest to Cloudburst. [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in Yellow, but I was up there this morning.
I'm not sure what you mean. Hwy 2 (while it runs kind of southwest-northeast) is labeled north south (I think). Did you come up from Xantusia? Or, did you come up from La Canada and go down 39? I came up from La Canada, so I had to return that way, since I live down that way and I wanted to go to Mt Wilson on the way back.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply