Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Waikiki Roughwater Swim is Monday
Quote | Reply
This is the great grand father of Ironman. Is anyone from ST racing?

http://www.waikikiroughwaterswim.com

I've been here all week, swimming every day at the finish. Right now the water is beautiful but there will be a strong current in the swimmers face.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Aug 29, 14 17:53
Quote Reply
Re: Waikiki Roughwater Swim is Monday [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, strong current was when half the field finished on the Diamond Head side of the start a few years back. That was an amazing site, lucky no one drown it was roughwater for sure. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done it many times when i was living in hawai'i, but now i'm in nor cal. it can be a great race, or really suck because of the current. have fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
This is the great grand father of Ironman. Is anyone from ST racing?

http://www.waikikiroughwaterswim.com

I've been here all week, swimming every day at the finish. Right now the water is beautiful but there will be a strong current in the swimmers face.

This is a no-go for most tri-people since most tri swims are either neutral in current, but short on distance, or downstream most of the way, and preferably both downstream and short. We can't have these upstream or against-the-current swims because that would make the race entirely too hard. This sort of hard swim would make tri-people actually train as hard for the swim as for the B and R, and we would not want to burden the tri population with true 3-sport training:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not swimming but a group of guys I train with are there for both Waikiki and Maui channel swims. Its on my list too - just not this year.
Quote Reply