Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Snap Callibration, and Thoughts
Quote | Reply
I am looking to replace Computrainer with Wahoo Snap, but I read where there may be some issues with calibration. I do not have a power meter, so wondering if this poses a problem, Any other thoughts or recommendations I should consider would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Snap Callibration, and Thoughts [wanna_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as you take the time to check tyre pressure, correct roller tightness/tension, and do a spindown after a few minutes of warming everything up - They've been pretty good for me. A bike power meter does take the hassle out of having to do spindown 'calibrations' of the trainer itself.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All wheel-on trainers are finicky when it come to accuracy. That's why if accuracy is important and you don't have a powermeter, it's worth investing in something that is easy to calibrate or require no calibration at all.
I wrote about calibrating the SNAP here. Hopefully that helps: https://www.smartbiketrainers.com/...oo-kickr-snap-2-2788

Good luck!

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Snap Callibration, and Thoughts [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the OP, but thanks, that's a nice review.
I'm looking to replace my fried Tacx Vortex and am debating between a cheap powermeter + dump trainer and a slightly better smart trainer such as Wahoo Snap. I already have a power2max on my main bike, and the one on the trainer is an old 8 speed alloy bike.
I'll probably go for the Snap now and later if I find some cheap powermeter use it to powermatch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in a similar situation. I have a CT that I have been waiting to die before replacing. Since it's more likely that I am going to die before that CT I am going to go ahead and buy a new trainer this fall. I am torn between the Snap and a direct drive trainer such as the Kickr or Hammer. I currently use two bikes on the CT, a retired 10 speed tri bike and a 11 speed road bike. A wheel on trainer makes switching between the 10 and 11 speed bikes a non-issue. If I go with a direct drive trainer, I would probably end up switching my 10 speed tri bike to 11 speed, or use the tri bike in Erg mode only where using a 10 speed bike with a 11 speed cassette would not be an issue. The potential accuracy issue of the Snap isn't a factor if the bike(s) you are using have a PM. The only bike I have with a PM is my outdoor Tri bike which will not be going on a trainer. I think if I went with another wheel on trainer I would end up buying a PM that I could switch between my trainer Tri and road bikes (e.g., Vectors). All of a sudden the price on the Snap+PM is greater than that of the Kickr/Hammer. Of course, I may wish to use a PM with the Kickr/Hammer as well, not to mention it would be nice having a PM on my 11 speed road bike that I use on a regular basis outdoors. Sorry for the rambling. It's a Friday and I need a beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Snap Callibration, and Thoughts [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least in Europe, I could get a Snap (550€) + Favero Assioma Duo powermeter (800€) for 1350€ against the 1200€ for the kickr. If I go the the single side version of the Assioma I'll be paying 1050€ for Snap + Powermeter, with the added bonus that I could use the powermeter in another bike.

I'm also just rambling, and I'm also undecided on what approach to go :)
My current setup is a tri bike with a p2m, a 11-speed road bike for outside use, and an old 8-speed alloy bike exclusive for the trainer (if I go with the Kickr I also need to upgrade to an 10 speed if I recall correctly).
Quote Reply