Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt V2
Quote | Reply
On my last few rides, my wahoo doesn't display the speed ( just a big fat 0) and when the ride is over, no distance is recorded. I did reach out to Wahoo and they sent some boilerplate answer that this is a known problem and the developers are aware. Of course no time frame or help was provided. Everything worked last month including the climb feature and the varia radar connection. I always liked the bolt because the radar beeps were loud enough to hear, but is it time to punt and switch to Garmin or Hammerhead Karoo. I may be crazy but I always thought speed and distance are the primary uses for a head unit.

Any ideas on a fix? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt V2 [Zmlick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you on the latest firmware?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt V2 [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I forgot to add that in the original post. Both the app and the elemnt report the latest firmware. This issue just happened out of the blue. Everything was good until suddenly it wasn't. Google either is no help or my google skills are lacking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be time for a hard reset of the device.

I hate the Garmin ecosystem, the app, the connection issues.
Hammerhead looks amazing if it wasn't for being a touch screen and the short battery life and there is no separate mobile app.

Bryton looks promising?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you hate it when Wahoo developers keep on breaking shite? Fricking incompetents. A similar issue happened to me not too long ago on my original Elemnt Bolt right after I downloaded a new firmware. It should be pretty trivial to test both speed and distance before pushing out a new firmware. Of course I filed a bug on their website, and it took them roughly a week to fix the issue. Good luck with your case.
Quote Reply