Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WKO4 Questions Regarding Integration with TrainingPeaks
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm thinking about trying out WKO4 because I'm finding myself increasingly annoyed at some of the limitations in TrainingPeaks, so I have a couple of quick questions for the experienced WKO4 users amongst you:

(1) Can I Use WKO4 to Build and Schedule Workouts in TrainingPeaks?

Does WKO4 have any workout building and/or calendar functionality to build up a training plan, or do I have to do all of this in TrainingPeaks? Say I want to do a bike workout 2x 20 mins @ 100% FTP, can I build a structure for this workout in WKO4 and push it to my schedule in TrainingPeaks?

(2) Is there any point in having both WKO4 and TrainingPeaks Premium?

If the above is true, is there any real point to having a TrainingPeaks Premium subscription as well as WKO4?

(3) Does WKO4 pull daily "Metrics" data from your TrainingPeaks account and can I visualize this in WKO4?

For example, I have a Withings (/Nokia) Scale pushing daily Weight and Body Fat values to my TP account; would WKO4 pull all this data when it syncs and can I use the data to create a chart etc? I watched a couple of the intro videos to WKO4 and they mentioned something about not syncing weight data but it wasn't clear exactly what the situation was.

I'm self-coached and happy to do all of this leg-work myself, just wondering what the technical limitations and/or interactions between WKO4 and TP are.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO4 Questions Regarding Integration with TrainingPeaks [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking about trying out WKO4 because I'm finding myself increasingly annoyed at some of the limitations in TrainingPeaks, so I have a couple of quick questions for the experienced WKO4 users amongst you:

(1) Can I Use WKO4 to Build and Schedule Workouts in TrainingPeaks?

Does WKO4 have any workout building and/or calendar functionality to build up a training plan, or do I have to do all of this in TrainingPeaks? Say I want to do a bike workout 2x 20 mins @ 100% FTP, can I build a structure for this workout in WKO4 and push it to my schedule in TrainingPeaks?

No. Training Peaks does allow you to build workouts though.

Quote:
(2) Is there any point in having both WKO4 and TrainingPeaks Premium?

If the above is true, is there any real point to having a TrainingPeaks Premium subscription as well as WKO4?
Only with premium can you enter workouts ahead of today and, if you do it, plan the Performance Manager in advance.

Quote:
(3) Does WKO4 pull daily "Metrics" data from your TrainingPeaks account and can I visualize this in WKO4?

For example, I have a Withings (/Nokia) Scale pushing daily Weight and Body Fat values to my TP account; would WKO4 pull all this data when it syncs and can I use the data to create a chart etc? I watched a couple of the intro videos to WKO4 and they mentioned something about not syncing weight data but it wasn't clear exactly what the situation was.
Yes and no. Yes, to sync the metrics pulled off your head unit. No, to wellness metrics like Withings etc.

Quote:
I'm self-coached and happy to do all of this leg-work myself, just wondering what the technical limitations and/or interactions between WKO4 and TP are.

TP syncs automatically with WKO4. Just have to enter your TP account details in WKO4. This can applies to basic and premium accounts. I have just formed a partnership with a coach who uses Today's Plan so I so I sync everything to that. While I am shifting everything to them, I ask them to maintain their free TPeaks account so the training data is synced to WKO4 to get the good estimates of various thresholds and fatigue resistance measures, and if bad estimates then I know to look at the type of efforts the rider is doing or look at their power meter.

So a bit of leg work required. But that is for a good reason.

Hamish

Hamish Ferguson: Cycling Coach
Quote Reply