Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WADA Speak Up!
Quote | Reply
Just saw this and thought I would share. I think a lot of people don't even realize you can submit something similar to USADA.

https://swimswam.com/...violation-reporting/

Quote:
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) recently launched its new ‘Speak Up!’ doping violation reporting app for iPhone and Android phones. The secure digital platform is intended for athletes and others to alert WADA to alleged anti-doping rule violations.

The agency encourages anyone who ‘detects, identifies, witnesses, knows of, or has reasonable grounds to suspect that cheating in sport has occurred’ to utilize the app to report the conduct. The app user can report as either as an ‘informant’ or as a ‘whistleblower’, with different paths of rights and responsibilities being tied to each role.

“WADA is pleased to launch Speak Up!, which we believe will encourage more informants and whistleblowers to come forward and report suspected doping violations,” said Olivier Niggli, Director General, WADA. “WADA’s independent Pound and McLaren investigations, which were both triggered by whistleblowers, highlighted the importance of these individuals to the Agency and to clean sport on the whole,” Niggli continued. “This new platform is one of many measures that are being taken to enhance the Agency’s Intelligence and Investigations (I&I) capacity under the independent leadership of I&I’s Director, Günter Younger.”

“We understand that coming forward in good faith is a major decision that takes courage and conviction,” said Günter Younger, WADA’s Director of Intelligence and Investigations. “Speak Up! answers the call made by athletes and others for a secure, confidential way to report activity that goes against clean sport,” Younger continued. “My role is to ensure that the information provided is treated with the utmost confidentiality, that allegations are investigated fully; and that, in the case of whistleblowers with whom we contractually engage, they are kept informed of progress and that their rights are protected.”

https://speakup.wada-ama.org/...ntPages/Default.aspx

blog
Quote Reply
Re: WADA Speak Up! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Just saw this and thought I would share. I think a lot of people don't even realize you can submit something similar to USADA.

https://swimswam.com/...violation-reporting/

Quote:

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) recently launched its new ‘Speak Up!’ doping violation reporting app for iPhone and Android phones. The secure digital platform is intended for athletes and others to alert WADA to alleged anti-doping rule violations.

The agency encourages anyone who ‘detects, identifies, witnesses, knows of, or has reasonable grounds to suspect that cheating in sport has occurred’ to utilize the app to report the conduct. The app user can report as either as an ‘informant’ or as a ‘whistleblower’, with different paths of rights and responsibilities being tied to each role.

“WADA is pleased to launch Speak Up!, which we believe will encourage more informants and whistleblowers to come forward and report suspected doping violations,” said Olivier Niggli, Director General, WADA. “WADA’s independent Pound and McLaren investigations, which were both triggered by whistleblowers, highlighted the importance of these individuals to the Agency and to clean sport on the whole,” Niggli continued. “This new platform is one of many measures that are being taken to enhance the Agency’s Intelligence and Investigations (I&I) capacity under the independent leadership of I&I’s Director, Günter Younger.”

“We understand that coming forward in good faith is a major decision that takes courage and conviction,” said Günter Younger, WADA’s Director of Intelligence and Investigations. “Speak Up! answers the call made by athletes and others for a secure, confidential way to report activity that goes against clean sport,” Younger continued. “My role is to ensure that the information provided is treated with the utmost confidentiality, that allegations are investigated fully; and that, in the case of whistleblowers with whom we contractually engage, they are kept informed of progress and that their rights are protected.”

https://speakup.wada-ama.org/...ntPages/Default.aspx

It is another tool and every little bit helps. I saw a forumn poster, post on FB recently, that they had turned in someone. All steps in the right direction but we are still a long way from clean sport.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: WADA Speak Up! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Making a dedicated app for this is probably an overkilll. A responsive mobile ready website would do a job.
Quote Reply