Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vote Ruidoso!
Quote | Reply

From the website:

Bell Helmets is awarding $100,000 to fund a trailbuilding project, and you get to choose who gets the grant!

Ruidoso New Mexico is one of the finalists for the grant.

As I have ties to the area I am asking you to take a look and vote for Ruidoso. Thanks.

http://www.bellhelmets.com/...built/cedar-creek-dh

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Vote Ruidoso! [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the mtbing there? I'm considering a road trip there.
Good camping nearby?
Quote Reply
Re: Vote Ruidoso! [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I don't know, I don't mountain bike. I live in Houston where a highway overpass is considered hill work. What little mountain biking I have done in the area is trails which I enjoy and is nice. There is a new downhill bicycle trail at Ski Apache that looked nice last time I was up there. I understand that the Ruidoso Bicycle Club is trying to have more bicycle trails developed in the Lincoln National Forest and perhaps this project may have been solicited from them.

We have a small cabin in the woods on the North side of Ruidoso and I saw this in the local news last time I was there. It seems worthwhile to me but $100,000 for a 1.3 mile trail sounds like a lot of money to me. We have done a lot of hiking in the area and after the recent fire large areas of the forest are completely burned.

Thanks for voting.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Vote Ruidoso! [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its quite good. The Cedar Creek area is a spaghetti bowl of trails. The area has several really nice trails. Check out Grindstone as well. About 30 minutes away is Cloudcroft and it has many more trails.

I'd love to see some downhill development. Winning the Bell contest would sure help the area.

1*
Quote Reply