Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Crank removal-Help pls!
Quote | Reply
Hi community!
For my winter project I am going to overhaul my Felt DA.

I have a Vision Trimax Pro TT30 Crankset installed. I need this thing to get off, but never did a crank removal on that kind of system, what tools do i need in order to be able to uninstall the crank? I am sure some of you have the same crank and did that a few times already!
Thanks for your help!

I found an image that should give the real mechanics enough information :D

greetings, Nick

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Crank removal-Help pls! [kennick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it needs an 8mm allen head on NDS and elbow grease
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same crank on my DA

I had to bang mine out pretty hard.

After removing the non-drive side crank arm, I inserted an old screwdriver from the non-drive side, supported the drive side the best I could and tapped it out with a large hammer.

I use this to remove the bearings
http://www.parktool.com/...r-bb30-pf30-bbt-30-3

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello!

I also have a Felt DA (2012) that I am trying to overhaul. I ran into a similar problem with the crank. My vision trimax crank's non-drive side crank arm has a piece that can be taken out with a 10 mm allen wrench (or 8 I forgot), but I seem to be missing the retaining ring (that circular piece with the 6 holes in it). It is my understanding that this ring is what makes it a self-extracting crank set, but my Felt is missing one. There are threads where the ring would go.

Interestingly enough, I have a Felt F75 road bike with an FSA crank that is also missing that retaining ring.

Does anyone know if that ring is necessary to take off the crank? or can I just remove the one bolt and yank the non-drive side crank off? I tried this method, but was hesitant to pull to hard for fear of damage.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Crank removal-Help pls! [dan5664] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. That ring is pretty important to remove the crank arm / crank. This allows the screw to push on the crank arm, thereby removing it.

I suppose you could potentially remove the NDS crank arm by other means, such as getting between the BB and crank arm with a screwdriver and prying the NDS crank arm off. However, I think I've tried that once and failed miserably.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Crank removal-Help pls! [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, that is what i figured and was afraid of. Its odd that the shop that sold me the bikes didn't supply that piece.

Any idea where I can get that retaining ring?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is odd. I have always seen those cranks with the ring.

The good news is that this ring should be on virtually every FSA crank. I hope you can source / borrow one pretty easily.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Crank removal-Help pls! [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll start asking around. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the awnsers! I can work that out! And will have a closer look at the ring...or better if I have that ring!

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe this is the part you are after. Or the "Crank Bolt Assembly" here

Hope that helps.
Quote Reply