Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Video of a young triathlete winning the track cycling Nationals.
Quote | Reply
Do not expect Theo Bos speeds or tactics, but I am pretty sure that some will find the race exciting. These are 12, 13 and just turned 14 year olds representing most of the States in México that have velodromes.

Make sure you click the "smaller screen" icon on the viewer. The resolution is not good enough to see it in the bigger screen. You can keep track of Sergio Jr. following his celeste green Bianchi bike on a Blackwell disc. He is the kid that attacks since the first moment of the race (and a few other times).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9yZQAFbEjM

Sergio managed to secure 1st place on all three events, a 333.33 TT, a Scratch race, and also on a Unknown Distance race. I was expecting him to secure at least one 1st place but he did real good. It sure was exciting to see him racing.

I can imagine that those that are experienced track cycling racers will spot some things that made the State Coach smile and shake his head when he viewed the video the first time. Sergio has plenty time to learn. I am just glad that all his hard efforts were rewarded with a 1st place on the three events on this year track Nationals.

I am not sure what this means, but I hope that he keeps swimming and running at least until he is 18. He still has the most important races of the year ahead, the road and track races of the Olimpiada Nacional Juvenil. He will be a marked man, that is for sure.

A friend of my son taped the Scratch race (you can hear him yelling "Dale Sergio!" in the final lap). I also taped the "Unknown Distance" race but I found it quite uncomfortable to film my own kid racing an important race. I think that he did a much better job than me.

One more thing... both Sergio and I have many people to thank here in ST for our cycling related questions. We really appreciate the advise of all those that have answered many questions over last two years. Thanks again to all.

I hope you like the video.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: Video of a young triathlete winning the track cycling Nationals. [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very cool, congrats to Sergio Jr.

(how often have i said that now???)

your kid's a born winner, you should be very proud.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a young triathlete winning the track cycling Nationals. [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, it was like he was shot out of a cannon when the bell went off for the last lap. Those other kids didn't have a chance. He was just toying with them for the whole race. Loved it when he dropped all the way to the back and the other kids were still looking around for him. Congats!

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great video
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a young triathlete winning the track cycling Nationals. [Pam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never really even seen a circle track race like this. Your son seems like he is a fearless rider the way he kept pushing the pace. When I was that age, I know I didnt have the guts to do what he is doing. Good for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a young triathlete winning the track cycling Nationals. [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He mentioned that he was just keeping an eye on the kids that he considered the best, but he sure scared his coach and I (and all his team mates) when the bell was rung and he was so far back.

Frankly I did not think that he was going to make it, but he did, and surprised more than one because supposedly he was not a sprinter. It seems to me that he always had the power but just until recently he has been able to pedal more efficiently.

He looks like a scared puppy just a few seconds before the starting bell sounds, but once the race begins he sure looks fearless. I also do not think I would have raced like that when I was his age.

I am glad you liked the video. Thanks for your kind comments.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I know you are a proud papa

Your son loks so natural and smooth on a bike. He really did toy with the field and then almost get caught too far back. Great race and thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool video.
I wish him all the best in his future.... man, I hope the US Colligiate scene never sees Sergio Jr.

He would be a beast!

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn.... That last lap gave me chills. And that was even with knowing he won.

Congratulations!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a young triathlete winning the track cycling Nationals. [BlakeSKI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on a completely unrelated topic, Rutgers University is a fine institution, the "Public Ivy" university, with a wide variety of top-notch departments and a great deal of foreign students. and a Cycling team.

also, that video definitely got my HR up. great win! what panache!

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sergio, he was in complete control of that race. He dictated the pace and once he decided to sprint, no one was close.

Cool

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a young triathlete winning the track cycling Nationals. [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don,
NO RECUITING ON THE FORUM!

He'll end up in Fort Lewis or UC Boulder

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was that Borat yelling in the background? "Long live Kazakhstan -- best country in worlds and A#1 producer of potassium."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was an awesome vid...I thought he was really going to get trapped there in the back at the bell. I guess he must have worn out the competition with the early attacks...at the end he was basically the one going faster than in the first couple of jumps. Helluva race!

Mad
Quote Reply