Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Video of a driver who almost hit me...
Quote | Reply
and would have if no for my good bike handling skills. I was riding down a neighborhood road in a bike lane when I saw an SUV about 50 yards up slowing down and drifting into the bike lane. So I slowed down and the car came to a stop. I slowed down further and it became apparent they were turning off the road with no obstructions. So I started to drive speed up as to keep going straight, where the car made a sudden left turn because they obviously were making a wrong turn. This meant I had to slam on my brakes and shift to the side avoiding the car that was behind me. As I passed the driver, I saw she was a tiny women who clearly was lost and driving too much car for her. She looked sorry, but I got the whole thing on video with license plate and all.

What should I do. Should I send it to the police. This stuff happens all the time, and it isn't really going to matter when some idiot like this woman kills somebody because she can't drive or is driving too much car.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a driver who almost hit me... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you going to accomplish (or hoping to) by calling the police?

The reality is that they are gonna say "No harm, no foul." They aren't gonna waste their time contacting the driver.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a driver who almost hit me... [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I didn't figure anything of consequence would happen, but a lot of people might think twice after getting a note from the police. Behavior like this is apathy driven in general.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Report her to the MVD.

"Concerned-Citizen Reporting
A person with direct knowledge of a driver’s specific conduct or specific events indicating the driver may have a disqualifying medical condition may report this to us by completing a Driver Condition / Behavior Report."

http://azdot.gov/mvd/driver-services/MedicalReview/reporting-an-unsafe-driver

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should post the video on slowtwitch and let the posters go all Mike Rossi on the driver...

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Video of a driver who almost hit me... [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Well, I didn't figure anything of consequence would happen, but a lot of people might think twice after getting a note from the police. Behavior like this is apathy driven in general.

I think you missed my point....the cops won't contact her.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I understand the description you gave, then all she did was start to make a turn off to the right, then changed her mind and moved left, suddenly. But she never left the lane, correct? If that is the case then *you* were the one taking risks by passing her in her lane.

We need to see the video.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretend you were in a car and had a dashboard cam. What would you do if that was the case? I would bet good money the police wouldn't give two licks. A local cyclist was killed very recently because a car went around another one that was making a right turn and hit the cyclist head on. Be careful out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People are fucking retards in their cars I get it for the millionth time, you driving your car quickly is more important than me riding my bike safely. You obviously need to see the new season of game of thrones sorry for impeding your tv with my measly ironman training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only came for the video. Now I'm just disappointed :(