Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Video Editing
Quote | Reply
I did some video with a GoPro of some friends and family swimming and would like to put the clips together. Any recommendations for free easy video editing software that a non-techi can figure out
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [Pett'rifier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mac or windows?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I 'v used
Windows movie maker
Corel movie something or other and
Adobe's premier elements.

Movie maker is the easiest and most intuitive. To use.

Catch is that it is not apple compatible file formats

Happy filming
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Windows
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did gopro include any software with the camera? That might work. And, not absolutely sure, but not all software will deal well with various HD video file formats, what is the output format of the gopro?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Borrowed GoPro so no software. Start to use Windows Movie Maker and it seems pretty easy to use. Thanks for the help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do some coaching and I use Coach's Eye, an app for iPhone and iPad, with a website based part, too. I think you can also upload Go Pro vids to their site. I've coached for over a decade and have been waiting for something like it -- video editing used to be a huge pain in the @$$. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to use -- so simple and incredibly effective. I strongly recommend it! Best $5 app I've ever bought, and the upgrade package (an in-app purchase) for $10 was also completely worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing beats Avid Media Composer. Why go half ass?
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [Kentucky Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2- Avid Symphony with Quantel compositing products and Lightwave for 3D. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GoPro website has their own free video editing software.
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [PanamaRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for everyone's help. I used a combination of GoPro's file converter and Windows Movie Maker. Now I can post and let the ST'rs pick my stroke apart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're ever looking for a more advanced editor try lwks.com. They have a great multi-liniar editing program.

C

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Free. If you want something free don't expect much. Video editing takes some software, and for any editing you will probably want as a minimum requirement;
Last edited by: NinaBabbitt: Aug 4, 14 18:49
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [NinaBabbitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've spent quite a bit of time with Adobe Premiere Pro. Seems to be the NLE that is slowly taking over since the fall of FCP. It, like any other "movie grade" software are not easy to jump in and use. If you are just screwing around with some GoPro videos for fun, don't they offer a free editor that you can DL from their site?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To add a further question onto this thread? Anyone know of any video editing software where I can add lines and angles and stuff to the video? I'd want to:

Pause the video, add some lines/angles, but the video would keep running (as there would be audio speaking over still). I.e. if there is swimming video you can pause and analyse a particular still image of their stroke whilst listening to feedback.

I'd also want to add lines over moving images.

(Just got a goPro and want to play a bit at the weekend)
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At that level I think you need Adobe After Effects or Sony Vegas type of application. They are the main "special effects" programs video editors are using these days. Unfortunately they also cost an arm and a leg and possibly a pinky to boot. I've found video editing to be a much larger learning curve than I originally anticipated. I'll have to revisit it when I have more time to dedicate to it.

Good luck with your project!!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think someone above already mentioned the Coaches Eye software where you can add lines, circles, angles, etc. over moving or paused video. Sounds like exactly what you need. I have a friend who uses it for swimming videos that she shot with the GoPro and she can narrate over the paused images.

Last edited by: Kentucky Mac: Feb 6, 15 13:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.kinovea.org/

I've been playing with that.

make sure it isn't on super duper wide angle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is an app called Ubersense that allows you to analyse video pretty well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second Ubersense. Very easy, can measure angles, draw lines etc. And free!
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [superr61] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll check them out. I have UberSense on my phone but didn't realise it would work with gopro video. Will check it out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi just made a 17-minute cycling video/documentary/montage from my 32 days riding in Brazil. I used Final Cut Pro and it turned out awesome. Final Cut Pro is a MAC product and indeed has a 30-day free trial.
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
http://www.kinovea.org/

I've been playing with that.

make sure it isn't on super duper wide angle.

I have used kinovea quite a bit. It is pretty powerful for a free applicaiton. Great for looking at run gait on a treadmill.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Re: Video Editing [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a MAC user and I'm using "Objectus Video" to analyze the swim video's.
There is of course a difference between video editing and video analysis....and Objectus is only for analysis.

Triatlon/Running/Cycling coach
TrainingPeaks Certified
http://www.endurancepeakcoaching.com
Quote Reply