Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember you doing some wind tunnel testing of shoe covers on the Sworks shoe. Did it end up making it faster if so how did it compare to the Monarch with the cover?
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you could also identify a similar-fitting mainstream shoe that people may already have, or could easily try in a store (eg specialized/giro). So if I know it's very similar to a Spesh Torch size 43, I can try it on an have a reasonably good chance that I get the right size. Of course, this is for the other people - I will just bring it over to your house!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The show covers were the last run of the day and I did not hold my position well on that run which made for some erroneous results so I did not publish those numbers. We took photos on every run which were compared to baseline overlayed on the image to make sure I was holding position well and on that run I just moved a bit.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our last grading is kind of different from other brands to make sure the big price that wraps around the heel fits the shoe properly without having to make a separate $25,000 mold for every single size. So I worry that we might have a somewhat high size exchange rate. But we will see.

Progress update for everyone: the 1500 uppers are still at the stitchery, taking longer than promised. As with everything. Hopefully shortly after Christmas the uppers will be lasted.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's this coming along, Ed?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [DaveQB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoes are COMPLETE!

Our container is being picked up from the factory on Friday. Ship departs on 4/7 and arrives in Houston on 4/30.

Ship needs to get unloaded and I need to clear customs, then it gets sent to our warehouse and we will be on sale shortly after that.

So excited! This has been such journey.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
👍!! Congrats on enduring all the storms that go with a project like this. You’ve earned success.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very cool! congrats, can't wait to see what people think of them

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that must feel good after all the waiting, well done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me in as a customer once its available.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super excited to see the final product!

great work navigating the hurdles of manufacturing, especially a gen 1 product. awesome.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It's definitely been much more of a challenge than I anticipated.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nick!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to hear, Ed! Congratulations!

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ed,

I’d love to get a pair of these. Will you have many men’s size 7.5 in stock? Or should i be at my keyboard ready to pounce the second they go on sale, like Flo wheels 10 yrs ago?

Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have 54 pairs in that size in black/black. 55 pairs in white/gray. If they sell out in hours I would be shocked.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cant wait to buy a pair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations 🎉 🥳
Exciting times for all.
Impressive considering you did this during a pandemic.

(I was looking forward to being the first person to congratulate you last night but SlowTwitch forums had technical issues & didn't allow replies ☹️).
Last edited by: DaveQB: Mar 29, 23 16:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have final pics of the production model color options? I didn't see anything on the site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ed, yahooo!! I raced CDA this last year and spent a portion of one of the climbs biking with Brian from your tri team. He was filling me in on some of the details, I am so glad you are in the final stages. I am very interested in the shoes, but would like some clarification. I currently ride Bont shoes and they have a tendency to have a cleat placement that is further back, which I really like. Can you speak to the cleat placement on your shoes? I know Sidi are a bit more forward and the Bont are further back.

Thanks and congrats again!
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No pictures yet of the final shoe. Working on it!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I was in that race too. Brian ran my feet off.

Our shoes have a fair bit of cleat adjustability. I would not say they are far to the front compared to other shoes.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ed. Ya we were biking and he said you were up the road a ways. Brian got me by 8 seconds dude can run!! I see a GSP in the background. You a hunter? Looking forward to getting a pair of shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on your persistance & bringing one of your dreams to life. Like other new start ups, plans and thoughts for either another order to be manufactured and Version 2 / Monarach 2 is likely in the not too far distant future? Doing this through delays of Covid times was about the worst possible point in history you could of imagined--but you made it. Nice job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is 47 the largest size that’s going to be manufactured?
Quote Reply

Prev Next