Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
VeloTron "source code" (not THE source code)
Quote | Reply
All files in one:

https://drive.google.com/...acX5weUZyS2pWdUJCdDA
Last edited by: Sausagetail: Mar 23, 17 4:02
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
http://pastebin.com/yMry5WL9

So does this mean 3rd parties can use for sw?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this come from an official channel, or is it "leaked"?
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically, neither.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

Yup. No DLL or API is needed. Native code can now be written for any device that can handle RS-232 communication.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

Yup. No DLL or API is needed. Native code can now be written for any device that can handle RS-232 communication.

ITT: Dave can petition Zwift to support the Velotron so he can virtually ride in the 21st century
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racehd wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

ITT: Dave can petition Zwift to support the Velotron so he can virtually ride in the 21st century

or u could buy a 21st century trainer ;)

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Pure gold!
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
racehd wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

Sorry, there is no, and I mean no trainer out there better than a Velotron!!

You guys are always worrying about trainer issues. I have been riding my Velotron for years and never, and I mean never have had an issue.
Never have to deal with belts or fw updates or power being off or or or

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racehd wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

Why do I need to ride into the 21st century? I ride 3 days a week with old CS sw with intervals. 3 days a week with old CS sw doing spinning. 1 day a week
using old 3d sw riding martis. The goal to my trainer is to just ride it, not play with sw at the same time.

Now, if a 3rd party updates and supports the velotron, I might play with something at some point, but unless it is free, nay, I just use the KISS principal with my training.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
LuisDF wrote:
racehd wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

You guys are always worrying about trainer issues. I have been riding my Velotron for years and never, and I mean never have had an issue.

my bike PM and my rollers have never let me down either ;)

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Drew from PerfPro can include it in his software now.

Problem with Velotron is that it is not available in Europe, otherwise I might already have bought one.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livio Livius wrote:
Problem with Velotron is that it is not available in Europe, otherwise I might already have bought one.

The problem with Velotron is that it looks and probably works like this:

Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it looks like that but would rather have that than Kickr / Neo problems with grinding noice or belt.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean grinding like this:

Livio Livius wrote:
Maybe it looks like that but would rather have that than Kickr / Neo problems with grinding noice or belt.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
LuisDF wrote:
racehd wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

I have never regretted spending the money I did on my Velotron. Not for a second.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

What about the CSV lookup table it uses? Is that somewhere?

Also the header files are missing, but I guess those could be reconstructed as long as there aren't any magic constants in them.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sausagetail wrote:

What about the CSV lookup table it uses? Is that somewhere?

Also the header files are missing, but I guess those could be reconstructed as long as there aren't any magic constants in them.

Just because code is posted somewhere doesn't mean you have license to use it. Pastebin is not exactly where companies legitimately release code to the public.

Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dogmile wrote:

Just because code is posted somewhere doesn't mean you have license to use it. Pastebin is not exactly where companies legitimately release code to the public.

Very true. At first I thought this was for a defunct product so there may not be anyone who really cares about enforcing IP. But I see now that they still sell the Velotron, so this could be not just gray area, but black. No license header on the source files, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been stripped or that the license is specified elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
You mean grinding like this:

Livio Livius wrote:

Wow, he has some issues with his unit. I have never had noise like that. I will guess his chain was too loose, or his BB is going bad, but I would want
to check his chain stretch first.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dogmile wrote:

Very true. At first I thought this was for a defunct product so there may not be anyone who really cares about enforcing IP. But I see now that they still sell the Velotron, so this could be not just gray area, but black. No license header on the source files, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been stripped or that the license is specified elsewhere.

The sw for the CT was reversed engineered years ago and used by folks and I am not aware anyone got in trouble?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dogmile wrote:

Very often private source code does not have license headers. If that code is posted on a website by an unauthorized person that doesn't mean someone can just use it. If someone posts your credit card information on pastebin that doesn't mean others have the legal right to use it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
trail wrote:
dogmile wrote:

The sw for the CT was reversed engineered years ago and used by folks and I am not aware anyone got in trouble?

Reverse engineering a protocol is not the same as taking/using the source code.

Quote Reply
Re: VeloTron source code [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dogmile wrote:

Quote:
Very often private source code does not have license headers. If that code is posted on a website by an unauthorized person that doesn't mean someone can just use it. If someone posts your credit card information on pastebin that doesn't mean others have the legal right to use it.

I think I covered the possibility that the license may be specified elsewhere.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 22, 17 13:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:

No, but I predict that RacerMate will post some vague commentary about how this code got some aspect of the physics wrong. It will get used to make the VT more useful/viable in spite of RacerMate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next