Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Using Wahoo Kickr with 10 and 11 spd bikes?
Quote | Reply
I am using a Kickr with my 10-spd Shiv. Looking at buying a new road bike that is 11-spd. I would like to be able to rotate bikes on the Kickr (if one is in shop, or set up for upcoming race, etc.). Is anyone rotating bikes with different drivetrains on same Kickr cassette? Or is it best to change out the cassette on the Kickr to match whichever bike I'm using at the time? Wahoo suggests changing of course but wondered if a 11-spd chain would work on the Kickr 10-spd cassette. I pair with Trainer Road so typically the chain is on a middle cog and I don't change gears while riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Using Wahoo Kickr with 10 and 11 spd bikes? [Jkintn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jkintn wrote:
I am using a Kickr with my 10-spd Shiv. Looking at buying a new road bike that is 11-spd. I would like to be able to rotate bikes on the Kickr (if one is in shop, or set up for upcoming race, etc.). Is anyone rotating bikes with different drivetrains on same Kickr cassette? Or is it best to change out the cassette on the Kickr to match whichever bike I'm using at the time? Wahoo suggests changing of course but wondered if a 11-spd chain would work on the Kickr 10-spd cassette. I pair with Trainer Road so typically the chain is on a middle cog and I don't change gears while riding.

It doesn't matter at all... especially in ERG mode where you don't even shift gears.

My fiend just swapped bikes since we were trying to figure out if his KICKR was accurate.

He has a 10 speed bike on the trainer most times... but switched to 11 because his SRM is on that bike. No problems at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Using Wahoo Kickr with 10 and 11 spd bikes? [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as long as the middle cog happens to be one that ends up 'good' it won't be a problem.

and of course you can turn the barrel adjuster to make it good.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Using Wahoo Kickr with 10 and 11 spd bikes? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As stated above its fine if you leave in ERG mode.

FTP tests can be a bit of a pain, but swapping cassettes once every 4-6 weeks is not a difficult task.
Quote Reply