Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum
Quote | Reply
The sport of triathlon isn't about age, it's about consistently putting in the hard work. I've learned to listen to my body as I age up and training has a more balanced approach in order to lessen the risk of injury.

Anyone out there endorse a particular brand of Prune juice in their nutrition?

#OverTheHill
Happy Training!
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to age up into this AG!!! 13 Months and counting.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it sad that it took me 42 years to get into the best shape of my life?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally a thread that keeps those rude and obnoxious whipper-snappers AND the crusty old fogies out at the same time. We don't need their kind around these parts.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Finally a thread that keeps those rude and obnoxious whipper-snappers AND the crusty old fogies out at the same time. We don't need their kind around these parts.

Fuck all of you guys 😡

45-49 is where it's at.

Is this how the Slowtwitch team factions get started?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get out of our thread old man.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost 329 in dog-years ;-)

edited because I forgot that I'm actually a year younger than I thought I was, since the only time I care about how old I am is when I have to put "age" on my swim meet entry forms. And they use your age on Dec 31 of each year. December birthday, so my swim age is a year older than my real age.

That's my long winded excuse for forgetting how old I am. I must be getting old...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Dec 10, 17 12:00
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And just like that I already hate slowtwitch again. I actually had a moment of hope. Fucking bullies can't stop hazing the freshmen.

Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank God we have a safeplace now.
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 39 but it appears I will be in 40-44 age group race for ironman nz. Can I participate on this thread please?
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the Masters category. It feels so great to be hugged in such a violent world.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering why it took so long for these threads to develop? When are we getting
Sub12, sub11, etc IM threads started?
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:

Less than 3 months and I age up! It get easier, right???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Fuck all of you guys 😡

45-49 is where it's at.

Dam right, little punks don't know what the hell they are talking about. They'll learn. Some next year and some of them in 5 years.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Fuck all of you guys 😡

45-49 is where it's at.

iam going to to start a sub 9 40 -44 thread next ....
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [HMBrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HMBrider wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

Less than 3 months and I age up! It get easier, right???

Lol, thats what I hoping for! Guess you can let me know after this yr, lol. I did scan the names in the 40-44 group, did see many that used to be familiar years ago; had wondered where they went to.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this age group would be easier when I turned 40, but it turns out all these fast mother-fu*kers age at the same rate I do.

But I still look 30, so I've got that going for me.

Mike Egan M40-44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

edited because I forgot that I'm actually a year younger than I thought I was, since the only time I care about how old I am is when I have to put "age" on my swim meet entry forms. And they use your age on Dec 31 of each year. December birthday, so my swim age is a year older than my real age.

That's my long winded excuse for forgetting how old I am. I must be getting old...

Ha! The first time I forgot how old I was I was 27. I'd past all the "milestone" ages (16, 18, 21, 25). So, I no longer had that "20 and 9 months" answer on the tip of my tongue. I literally had to stop and do the math. My answer went like this: "Dunno. Um....1995 - 1968, after my birthday.....27, I think. Did I do that right? Yep. 27. Whew!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man would hope you are not looking at prune juice already.

I will be moving up to this group for the up coming season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
40-44! Sup bitches?! :D

timr wrote:
Is it sad that it took me 42 years to get into the best shape of my life?
No. Better than the other way around taken by everyone else: fit in school then get fat and stay fat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Fuck all of you guys 😡

45-49 is where it's at.

Like!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for starting this. I just aged up today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

I kind of enjoy telling kids to get off my lawn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this racing age or actual age? I'm 44 this year, but will be racing age 45 on January 1st. Am I acceptable here?
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Ha! The first time I forgot how old I was I was 27. I'd past all the "milestone" ages (16, 18, 21, 25). So, I no longer had that "20 and 9 months" answer on the tip of my tongue. I literally had to stop and do the math. My answer went like this: "Dunno. Um....1995 - 1968, after my birthday.....27, I think. Did I do that right? Yep. 27. Whew!"
Exactly... my age turns into a math problem... that's how much I think about it now that I'm "thread appropriate".

I once had my calf marked the wrong age... my wife later corrected me that I was actually a year off. I was in the right AG though.
Quote Reply

Prev Next