Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ultraman Canada becomes Ultra515 Canada
Quote | Reply
Just announced this morning

Pretty big news for the Ultraman family . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Canada becomes Ultra515 Canada [Theory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe it's time to consider an ultraman...

very good news!

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Theory wrote:
Just announced this morning

Pretty big news for the Ultraman family . . .

Not sure what the article really means, but I assume there is no link to ultraman Hawaii, kind of like Roth splitting off from Kona?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3/140.6
Both in miles. I hate fractions. Even if you convert miles to km you're still left with 113.1 and 226.3. Sounds ridiculous.
Since Canada is in metric, I guess it makes sense. Plus it works out to an even number; no fractions.
Swim 10k, bike 420.6 k, run 84.4 k = 515. Nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the rumours I heard are true, Steve Brown may have some more announcements...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They can call it whatever they want, it still a race I need to do at some point. That run course is epic! Though my girlfriend has already stated that she gets to do it before I do.

Website - Follow Me On Strava - Follow Me On Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Canada becomes Ultra515 Canada [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
martman wrote:
70.3/140.6
Both in miles. I hate fractions. Even if you convert miles to km you're still left with 113.1 and 226.3. Sounds ridiculous.
Since Canada is in metric, I guess it makes sense. Plus it works out to an even number; no fractions.
Swim 10k, bike 420.6 k, run 84.4 k = 515. Nice.

When I saw the headline I assumed it was Oly distance (1.5+40+10) and someone forgot the decimal!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Application Submitted, now just have to wait until Feb 1st to see if i have a spot.... 2015 - Year of the Ultras :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Canada is leaving the Ultraman family? That leaves Hawaii and Florida as the only Ultraman branded events? Where is Nick to explain all of this to us??
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Canada becomes Ultra515 Canada [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. How do you even begin planning a training programme for an event like this?
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Canada becomes Ultra515 Canada [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah, and then you have the logistics of getting your support/crew there for a week, and with the entry fee $1850 and and you have to provide your own aid It won't be a cheap race- not even figuring how training for that would influence your work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The two fastest guys on that course told me the same thing "The training is very similar to Ironman training". So I would say that is a god starting point.

Website - Follow Me On Strava - Follow Me On Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit tonne of biking with more intensity than one might think ;-) Nothing too crazy on the swim or run, IIRC a few swims at just over 7km and longest run 52 km. As someone else mentioned the crew strategy is the most important, on the run we had a crew of 4 always with a pacer and stopping every 1 km setting up "staged" aid stations just like a real race (spread out with ice, coke, water etc) one of the best experiences I've had in 20 years of triathlon….and I wasn't racing!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Canada becomes Ultra515 Canada [Symonds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Symonds wrote:
The two fastest guys on that course told me the same thing "The training is very similar to Ironman training". So I would say that is a god starting point.

Common sense suggests that this would be a good limit. In reality, most human bodies can't balance much more than Ironman training and full time work and family obligation, so going much above IM training might be counter productive anyway. Probably having solid general health is primary, because on the three race days, if your general health is not optimal then you can't recover for tomorrow's stage while doing today's stage. It's kind of like the Alaskan huskies on the iditarod who can recover and refuel and literally re build their bodies while doing low intensity work (well, we all do that to some degree....we can recover while sitting around at a desk or on a walk, but can we do it at low intensity biking or running?).
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman Canada becomes Ultra515 Canada [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guys in Ultraman Florida announced there will be an Ultraman Australia in 2015. The website is http://ultramanoz.com/

http://loultraman.blogspot.com.br/
Quote Reply