Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up
Quote | Reply

Edit - The table doesn't post correctly and folks are not reading my edited note. See the schedule in the correct format at this link: See http://www.runnersweb.com/...nships_Schedule.html
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Oct 6, 15 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick correction:
Age Group National Championship Olympic Aug 13
Age Group National Championship Spring Aug 14
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your dates are all off. The links give the correct dates though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait for the PNW to get some more USAT Nationals love...been a while.

Yes, I see that Bend, my hometown, has Duathlon Nationals...but at 274 Standard distance finishers + 5 elites (Male and Female, combined!) + 190 Sprint finishers + 1 Para finisher this past June, I don't really consider this to be a big deal. Is Hagg Lake 2007/2008 the last time anything substantial was held in the PNW region?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we really need a separate natinal championship for Clydesdales & Athenas? Seriously?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [Tcorr44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As noted in my edit- the dates PRECEDE the championship race. It just copies in that way which is why I added the link.

I'm stoked about Miami Man getting the Long Course champs. I can actually drive to Nats for once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see they are boycotting the west coast again. Mid west seems to get all the love.
Not a big deal, just seems odd to me.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
I see they are boycotting the west coast again. Mid west seems to get all the love.

It's not a big deal to USAT because of population density. They are making most members happy by having events in middle-to-eastern states locations. I get that. But it's a big deal for those in the west that Nationals has not been very accessible since 2008.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Do we really need a separate natinal championship for Clydesdales & Athenas? Seriously?

I think it's a smart move. Personally I thought Milwaukee was perfectly executed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:

The last map I looked at had Oregon on the West Coast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeepers, late April for "winter" tri in St. Paul

That could be dicey - assuming they need snow on the ground. Heck, late March isn't a guarantee either.

But, as I usually say; "I'm sure someone far smarter than me, thought, long and hard about that one."

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:
jeepers, late April for "winter" tri in St. Paul

That could be dicey - assuming they need snow on the ground. Heck, late March isn't a guarantee either.

But, as I usually say; "I'm sure someone far smarter than me, thought, long and hard about that one."

No - Winter Tri is 31 JANUARY. I apologize for the way the table posted, but please read my edit - the date PRECEDES the race.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Oct 6, 15 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See my numbers from duathlon nationals last year. It's a pretty insignificant event when considering it's 'Nationals.' We're getting table scraps out here...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

They did it as an experiment to get more people to do it. There weren't many people going to age group nationals and doing the athena and clyde division apparently. So they decided to try it this way. I guess it's working out.

This is where I want to put a joke about having more food in the tents or people checking into the med tent for friction burn on their thighs, but I can't come up with the right setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this mean the 2016 LC Nats in Miami, qualify for the 2017 Multisport Festival in Penticton?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are "only" a duathlete, then there is a race way up in Oregon.
Yes, in pink. Sort of. ;)

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is not something I thought I would say when I woke up today, but it looks like I'm headed to Arkadelphia. Anyone done XTERRA Gator Terra?

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Team INFINIT Discount Code: RowanJones
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Announces 2016 National Championship Line-up [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Does this mean the 2016 LC Nats in Miami, qualify for the 2017 Multisport Festival in Penticton?

Yes. The Multisport Festival will include at least 4 events. Miami Man is your route to Penticton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:

I am a long course triathlete but plan on racing in Bend. I have a son in Portland so it's an obvious two-fer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USAT, collegiate nationals... WHY ARE THEY DURING FINAL EXAMS?

I just don't understand. Whatever. Maybe I'll head to Omaha for AG Nats.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With a mid-November date, long course nationals might get a more competitive, deeper field than this year's late September race. Folks can give one last dig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Karl wrote:

I am a long course triathlete but plan on racing in Bend. I have a son in Portland so it's an obvious two-fer!

I'm a short course guy and considering Cary as I have a brother near by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

Oh, I assure you Athena and Clyde triathletes are plenty serious.

You may not deem us a legitimate category, but whilst our governing body does then yes, we also deserve a national championship.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny. I raced Cary in 2014 and I wouldn't consider it as "long course." I think it was 5mi - 31mi - 5mi last year. The USAT site says that Cary Nats in 2016 will be 10K - 42K - 5K. Bend will be 5K - 34.5K - 5K. I might go back to Cary just as prep for Bend.

I can't believe USAT uses Cary to select for ITU worlds at Zofingen which is 10K - 150K - 30K. I guess they are worried about scaring folks away. They should at least use 10K - 60K - 10K for LC Du Nats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree 10/42/5 is not long which is why I'm considering it. 10/60/10 I probably wouldn't.
Quote Reply

Prev Next