Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT All-American * Recent Mailing
Quote | Reply
I know the USAT All-American status and ranking system gets a bit knocked around a bit on slowtwitch - with the methodology and point system used to determine rank and the fact that Honorable Mention is now bundled with AA status but I have a question:

Is anyone else who received thier certificate, patch, etc.. a bit miffed that the AA clothing they offered is MUCH LESS than last year and is the SAME EXACT stuff as last year? It's basically left over stuff from last year and only 2 or 3 pieces at that and they aren't even in stock.

Doesn't USAT realize that triathletes are a demographic that in general HAS money and spends it on this sort of thing?

I remember about 3-4 years ago they had sweatshirts, jackets and all sorts of different items for purchase. At Nationals too. Now they literally have one T-shirt and maybe 1 other items.

They know literally a year ahead of time when the rankings will be finalized and when the mailing will be yet, they seem extremely unprepared for this.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT All-American * Recent Mailing [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
instead of getting an AA shirt, proclaiming your bs elite status, you could just get one of these instead

Quote Reply
Re: USAT All-American * Recent Mailing [MeltingPot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you didn't make the list then.....too bad for you!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT All-American * Recent Mailing [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:

SmeltingPot is in a league all his own. Look at any of his posts and find
one that's not negative and/or hateful, and it's usually towards the sport of triathlon.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can be sure if they had made money on such sales, it would have continued.

My question is who has ever sewn on their AA patch or used it in any other original manner?? ;)

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was more miffed by the fact that I guess I threw away the patch and sticker accidentally. I read the certificate and it said it was included. But I had already brought the recycling out. Didn't care for the patch/sticker because I never would have done anything with it. Did I even look at the clothing? Glanced but not enough to noticed it was the same as last year.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: USAT All-American * Recent Mailing [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
Beachboy wrote:

SmeltingPot is in a league all his own. Look at any of his posts and find
one that's not negative and/or hateful, and it's usually towards the sport of triathlon.

Wow you aren't kidding. I just clicked on a bunch of random post from him and sure enough each one fits your description.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT All-American * Recent Mailing [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put the patch in the frame with my certificate

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good question could be that you're one of a few that would buy the gear, sounds like slim pickings though. We could go on for pages of conjecture here, I'd ask them directly if you really want to know. Congrats btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I need to go get varsity jacket and put all my USAT patches on there.

Maybe adding a Slowtwitch logo patch will also be a nice touch.

Any of you feel like putting together a shim-sham digital image to show what such a thing might look like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never seen someone wearing AA stuff so I'd guess it does not sell well. Just like the AWA gear at Ironman events. I've never seen someone wearing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to make it to AA status in 20 years when I'm in the 80-84 age group. I hope
they some really cool stuff by then.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Apr 2, 15 13:46
Quote Reply
Re: USAT All-American * Recent Mailing [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
I'm hoping to make it to AA status in 20 years when I'm in the 80-84 age group. I hope they some really cool stuff by then.

Good point. We do need them to fix this in case we achieve this.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT All-American * Recent Mailing [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
I've never seen someone wearing AA stuff so I'd guess it does not sell well. Just like the AWA gear at Ironman events. I've never seen someone wearing it.

haha, unlike AWA, AA is more of a reflection of talent (or hard work) vs a reflection of how much you shelled out to race in WTC events!
Quote Reply