Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Il Falco] [ In reply to ]

Il Falco wrote:
Sort of my point, though not for the same reason as you perhaps.

This case is overwhelming, against a rich, white guy who chose to not even try attacking it head on, because he was so guilty.

Any suggestion of aligned fates between LA and the sort of person who, though innocent, gets executed, says more about the person trying to make the comparison than anything else. Dangerously ignorant.

No need to attack someone for their opinion. Makes you a dangerously DB.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]

TriTrev wrote:
So lets see the USADA are ok with riders that apparently confess to doping, letting them ride on, continue to race, continue to hold team places while riders that are clean are forced to watch them perform.......Shame on USADA, you cannot ever let someone compete against other athletes when you know they are dirty.....is that not the one sole job they have, to protect clean athletes from athletes that dope.

And I don't want to hear about this is the way the U.S. justice system works, protecting witnesses, these were dirty riders, they had no place competing anywhere in the world when the USADA knew they were dirty, not US justice, but world justice demands that....Shameful....Makes me wonder what other deals the USADA might have done.....Any athletes that respresented the US anywhere in the world, in a sport governed by the USADA can now be doubted, thanks to this action...Shameful, but true, how can we know that anyone on the 2012 US Olympic team was really clean, they might have done a "deal"....Hopefully WADA will demand that all known dirty athletes be named, or not allow any US athletes to compete anywhere.

Notice I didn't mention him ?.......don't need too, he was banned as soon as they had evidence, so should all the others.....back dated suspensions is pure BS

So you support the lifetime ban on Lance, but think the other guys got off lightly?

Lot of hand waving and funny terms like "world justice demands that" to get a simple point across.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Matthew] [ In reply to ]

yep, Matthew, we hate the cancer.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Magwister] [ In reply to ]

Magwister wrote:
What's a snitch/informant?....not much difference here is there. Both riders and informants are 'dirty' but get reduced sentences (if any) for providing info to take down the big guns.

My point is that.... after this.....How can any US athlete compete anywhere without now being under suspicion ?....he might be a snitch, he took drugs but the USADA gave him a hall pass....not just cycling any sport......and think about athletes that have been directly affected by US cyclist that were known drug cheats taking a place in a race that should have gone to a clean rider.....could someone's career been affected forever by this....someone please tell me that ALL of the US Olympic team was clean, that none of them had a 'deal" with the USADA.....Prove it, because from now on, I will look at every single US athlete and wonder......is the USADA giving a cheat a free run ?.......I would love the UCI to ban all US riders, until the USADA provides evidence that they are individually clean

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [eganski] [ In reply to ]

Tim Herman's letter is both a waste of the money he's charged his client for writing it and the paper he used to print it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hilly Flats Racing

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]

I would think that ST would the best place for the most rabid conversation on this topic.

But his lame thread only has 250+ posts.

Over on ESPN's comment thread:

http://espn.go.com/...armstrong-usada-says

there is already 1250+ comments! My favorite one so far (just from a cursory look):

"if everyone on the Postal team doped, how come my mail doesn't come on time?"

ST has got to pick it up!

Yeah, but in this case they still get a suspension, even if it is only 6 months...that is now enough to pretty much destroy their careers if they try to come back. Also, did you notice how the US Olympic team took none of these cyclists to the Olympics, and some of them would definitely have gone.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]

"Good thing he didn't win PR or else my favorite race would be tarnished."

Yes, because Museeuw was squeaky clean too. Well...except for that one time....at band camp.

But yes, we can look to Sean Kelly for purity at PR. After all, the only time he tested positive, it turned out to be a total misunderstanding. They actually tested his mechanic's piss. ;-)

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Magwister] [ In reply to ]

Everything is now available on the USADA website.

TriTrev wrote:
My point is that.... after this.....How can any US athlete compete anywhere without now being under suspicion ?....he might be a snitch, he took drugs but the USADA gave him a hall pass....not just cycling any sport......and think about athletes that have been directly affected by US cyclist that were known drug cheats taking a place in a race that should have gone to a clean rider.....could someone's career been affected forever by this....someone please tell me that ALL of the US Olympic team was clean, that none of them had a 'deal" with the USADA.....Prove it, because from now on, I will look at every single US athlete and wonder......is the USADA giving a cheat a free run ?.......I would love the UCI to ban all US riders, until the USADA provides evidence that they are individually clean

You're delusional. What USADA has done here with an investigation into a team from their own country is unprecedented. Athletes will generally be under greater suspicion if they are from countries who exercise no oversight into doping.

If there does turn out to be some useless punishment for these other riders, I think that is a mistake. Though it's hard to balance the need of encouraging riders to be open with their past with the desire for some form of punishment.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

Looks like Lance "alllegedly" made Kristen hand off drugs to riders in tin foil.

No wonder she left his ass.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [--] [ In reply to ]

-- wrote:
BDoughtie wrote:
Yawn, he wont get sued for more than $10 mil for the rest of his life.

Sure about that? Could be $8m right here:

http://www.velonation.com/...idering-options.aspx

"Armstrong took legal action and eventually won because the original SCA Promotions contract didn’t include stipulations about doping. The company ended up paying the sum in question as well as an additional $2.5 million in interest and legal fees."

I'm of course no lawyer, but I don't see how being convicted of doping would change this one bit......since the original verdict was made payable since the contact didn't include a doping stipulation.

Michael

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [chainpin] [ In reply to ]

chainpin wrote:
Looks like Lance "alllegedly" made Kristen hand off drugs to riders in tin foil.

No wonder she left his ass.

He left her.

Athletes will generally be under greater suspicion if they are from countries who exercise no oversight into doping.
_________

Like Spain

@rhyspencer

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

Are there ANY hard proof in this report? Or is it just based on witness reports?

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [MKirk] [ In reply to ]

MKirk wrote:
-- wrote:
BDoughtie wrote:
Yawn, he wont get sued for more than $10 mil for the rest of his life.

Sure about that? Could be $8m right here:

http://www.velonation.com/...idering-options.aspx

"Armstrong took legal action and eventually won because the original SCA Promotions contract didn’t include stipulations about doping. The company ended up paying the sum in question as well as an additional $2.5 million in interest and legal fees."

I'm of course no lawyer, but I don't see how being convicted of doping would change this one bit......since the original verdict was made payable since the contact didn't include a doping stipulation.

Michael

I didn't say suits would be succesful - I've honestly no idea. I was just pointing out that $10m is a low number when you have a pissed off and litigious promotions company who already tried to get out of paying due to allegations of doping and feel they're owed at least $7.5.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek

Any bets on what the UCI has to say on this or what actions they will take?

Suffer Well.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]

Man there is some great stuff in those emails/IM found in the appendix of the report, unreal shit:

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/...dreu+IM+Exchange.pdf

FDREU: After 1999, you know many things changed. lance did not

FDREU: I believe that's part of whey kevin left, he was tired of the stuff

Cyclevaughters: funniest thing i ever heard - Johan and Lance dumped Floyd's rest

day blood refill down the toilet in front of him in last yrs tour to make him ride

bad

FDREU: holy shit, I never heard that. that's crazy!!!

Cyclevaughters: that's from floyd

Cyclevaughters: he rode this year with no extra blood

FDREU: I never knew

FDREU: he did great also
Cyclevaughters: yeah, i could explain the whole way lance dupes everyone

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Matthew] [ In reply to ]

Matthew wrote:
To me it's more like worshiping your catholic priest, finding out there is overwhelming evidence of him being a child-molestor, and then having to defend him as he denies it over and over. And, no, I'm not trying to equate doping/lying/cheating/bullying/etc. with abusing children.

People that equate doping to child molestors are freaking idiots. If you were not trying to equate the two you would have used a differant analogy.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Jeff Solomon] [ In reply to ]

Jeff Solomon wrote:
I would think that ST would the best place for the most rabid conversation on this topic.

there is already 1250+ comments! My favorite one so far (just from a cursory look):

LOVE it!!!!

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Jonas] [ In reply to ]

Is there any hard proof?

Yes. Financial records and test results.

Andrew Moss

Pooks wrote:
TriTrev wrote:

You're delusional. What USADA has done here with an investigation into a team from their own country is unprecedented. Athletes will generally be under greater suspicion if they are from countries who exercise no oversight into doping.

If there does turn out to be some useless punishment for these other riders, I think that is a mistake. Though it's hard to balance the need of encouraging riders to be open with their past with the desire for some form of punishment.

Not delusional, just factual, if you know that the USADA have already allowed athletes to continue competing that they knew were diirty, how many more athletes in other sports "may" be under similar USADA treatment ??.....they opened a can of worms here, they should have suspended all of them as soon as they had evidence, the length of the suspensions at the end could have been adjusted, but you cannot ever let a dirty athlete continue to contaminate a sport, carrying on as though they are clean. USADA's one job, to protect the integrity of sport.

Your can call be delusional, but this is totally wrong.....clean athletes have been adversely affected by the delayed suspensions to dirty athletes, that is a fact, that cannot ever be justified, not delusional, but undeniable in the face of true justice

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Jeff Solomon] [ In reply to ]

Jeff Solomon wrote:

My mail arrives very punctually. Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention. I do live in Austin. Tx.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis

I just read the whole thing. Three things struck me:

1) Circumstantial evidence is one thing. That'a boatload.

2) Chris Carmichael's name was mentioned once in 200 pages. "There were only four people that knew what was going on with Lance Armstrong's' body: Johan, Schumi, (the massage therapist), and me" - Chris Carmichael. Why is he not a more prominent figure in this report?

3) The UCI will have a very difficult time digging out from under this one. I don't even think Pat McQuaid will survive, mostly because he is the head of the Hein Verbruggen corruption machine.

PS. Anyone see L'Equipe differently now?

------------------

- I do all my own stunts

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Francois] [ In reply to ]

I heard a former major league pitcher (hall of famer) comment on ARod's lack of production since he came out an admitted steriods/HGH use. ARod was on hall of fame march and has dissolved into below average player.

Take away drugs....does Lance even win 1 Tour? Maybe not even 1. Sad but true.

Prev Next