Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tufo S3 lite
Quote | Reply
What do you think of these "tubular clincher" tires? I know Tufo gets a bad rap around here, but these tires got an excellent review in British cycle mag Cycling Plus. They look like an interesting option for someone with clincher rims; you can run them at up to 220psi and they're a lot cheaper than most tubulars.
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo S3 lite [donm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
you can run them at up to 220psi
Yes, but why would you want to do that? Stick with 110-120psi. Faster and better ride.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo S3 lite [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't you know? If you double the pressure, you double your speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, fair enough, but is 120psi really faster than, say 140-160psi? I'm new to all this, so go easy on me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably. Plus your ride should be better. I have a set of TC's on my road bike. I run them at 115, but they are a slightly lower pressure models. They wear well and I ain't had no flats yet. If the RR is higher, so what, I'm training.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ride a real road and not a velodrome, then yes. With a hard tire every little bump means you and your bike must be lifted up to go over the bump (even little tiny bumps). That requires energy which reduces speed. A softer tire absorbs the bumps and doesn't require the energy to lift your weight over the bump.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard it from a guy who overheard a couple of guys say the the Pros in the Tour de France don't inflate anything over 120

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: Tufo S3 lite [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on the tire. Not all tires behave the same way at the same pressure.
Quote Reply