Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trying to get front lower; downside to using stem to do that?
Quote | Reply
I ride a Small QR Illicito- I am doing some fit/aero experiments and want to go a touch lower in the front. My aerobars dont allow for any lower adjustment than they are. Bike has an 80mm -17deg stem now so essentially level. I am thinking of buying a -20/or event -30 stem to get it lower and then if its a bit too low I have gobs of aero spacers for the aerobars to raise it in small increments. I can also account for the change in reach with pad positioning.

Cheers

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to get front lower; downside to using stem to do that? [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you went from your 80mm -17° stem to an 80mm -30° stem you would drop 18mm (<3/4 inch) and shorten 1.7mm

Are you able to remover the headset spacer and replace it with a smaller one?

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to get front lower; downside to using stem to do that? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

The stem is all the way down, I bought an Alden design lo-profile cover last year.

I found this calculator that shows similar numbers to what you stated. I may go with 100mm -30 that way I have a lot of room to mess with pad height and fore/aft. Wasnt sure if it would affect handling at all. I probably should have bought more adjustable aerobars

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply