Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Truck Bed Bike Rack Question
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new vehicle and there's a good chance I'll be going to a small truck. I currently just use a fork mount in the back of our SUV. I "secure" the rear wheel by positioning it between the folded up seat and the door. Worked very well so far, but my wife told my I can't put the bike in the SUV anymore if I get the truck.

I plan to use one of the easily removable fork mount systems such as the Yakima BeddyJo if I do get the truck, but what I'm worried about is securing the rear wheel so it doesn't bounce and move around. I have HED Jet wheels, so I'd like to not use a typical strap over the wheel rim due to the thin fairing. I see lot's of pictures of people utilizing fork mounts in the truck bed, but I don't see many securing the rear wheel.......is it even necessary?
Quote Reply
Re: Truck Bed Bike Rack Question [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Beddyjo and don't do anything to secure the rear wheel in place (Zipp 404). No problems. I wouldn't got tearing around a corner like that though. Do you already have your Beddyjo? It's great. Unfortunately no longer produced.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Oct 20, 16 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: Truck Bed Bike Rack Question [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have it, but saw it online at a few places and it looks like a great product. Hopefully if I do get this vehicle, I can track one down.
Quote Reply
Re: Truck Bed Bike Rack Question [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had to secure my rear wheel even when I have a disc wheel on. Sometimes I'd get some side to side movement but usually only if I hit a bump hard.
Quote Reply