Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trisuit logo printing?
Quote | Reply
I would like to get my sponsors logos printed on my NeoSport ION trisuit, and I have no idea where to go. Are there any cheap ways of doing this? I was thinking about going to a local print place.

All helpful information appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [trimanjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winskins - winskinsprinting@bellsouth.net Paul is a GREAT guy!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second that... Paul at Winskins is your man! His work is incredible and his communication and turnaround times are superior.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it'll likely be pretty pricey. if you just need one color logos look for someone locally who does vinyl transfers.

Winskins is very good and the most organized online printer for tri gear.

I can do full color for you but it's still pretty pricey. $8 per logo for most logos, $35 for the proof and this is ONLY if you can supply vector logos or if I already have the logo. This plus shipping of course. Other iffy things are, what is the fabric content and color? If it's light, things are easy. If it's dark sometimes the fabric bleeds and limits some printing options (one reason winskins doesn't do color as the issue usually only pops up with color printing).

If it was me and I wanted cheap i'd look around for someone locally to do vinyl transfers....
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome advise! Thanks so much to you all. I will check locally and if that fails I'll try someone out of area who specializes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
btw, if you check locally, make SURE that they are okay transferring onto the synthetic material. If they only do cotton the film they use won't work well. You might look for a place that does baseball uniforms or soccer uniforms. They need a super stretchy film, something like Gorilla Grip II or similar or it'll peel right off.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tai wrote:
btw, if you check locally, make SURE that they are okay transferring onto the synthetic material. If they only do cotton the film they use won't work well. You might look for a place that does baseball uniforms or soccer uniforms. They need a super stretchy film, something like Gorilla Grip II or similar or it'll peel right off.
somebody should tell that to 2XU!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea on the cost, but sublimation is used for the higher quality garments. Sublimation transfers the dye into the material rather than gluing a transfer on to the material. It might be worth looking into, as sublimated materials act in the same way in terms of heat/moisture transfer as the original material. Gluing a logo onto the material can eventually come unglued.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [thePharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the fabric in 2XU tops is pretty hard to print because of the ultra smooth finish and DWR type coating. 2XU actually uses the film i referenced (or at least they did in the past and I'm 90% sure they still do) and it works pretty well but it's not perfect. The new project x suits or whatever they are called this year are near impossible to print on in any of the main panels. I've had luck with out full color print film but that's about it. You can't blame them though. The fabric is amazing though so you're basically trading the ability to print for a killer fabric. That's another reason that 2XU uses silver logos btw, their fabric dyes the other color films grey. Only the silver and gold hold their color well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sublimation only works on light polyester based materials. It will NOT work on nylon fabrics (most high end suits, 2XU, TYR, ZeroD, Kiwami, etc) and as it basically dyes the fabric darker you can't do it on a dark fabric. When it works it's amazing. We do dye sub printing and you can do full color near photo quality graphics that are completely breathable, stretchable and cheap in small qtys. That being said, to repeat, it doesn't really work on most high end tri gear. Nylon fabrics are smoother, hold their shape better due to higher spandex content, and performance wise are just hard to beat in todays market climate of speedy smooth skin fabrics (if the hot thing was super light and breathable suits it might be a different story).

So basically, although dye sub is awesome, not many people do in most cases it won't work anyways. Plus most smaller printers don't have dye sub setups as a good one sets you back $15k easy. Lots of people do heat press applied vinyl as it works better (if you know what you're doing) than anything else in most cases and you can get into the printing game for under a grand. Full color heat press is a lot trickier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fyi, we have our own logo printing facility. we do a large number of itu suits in particular. do not hesitate to contact me and I'll give you a quote in no time.

best,

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you to all for the kind words for our company and quality of our work.

My name is Paul Sullivan, Owner of WinSkinsPrinting.com- I would be more then happy to answer any questions you might have concerning custom printing on performance clothing for Swimming, cycling, running and Triathlon Specifically. We offer ITU, and custom printing for everyone in the multisport world. We do not require specific #'s to place an order with us but our pricing is custom to each job, from 1 item to 100,000 (larger the volume less the price, ie:coroprate accounts). We work with all sublimation companies that offer custom sublimated clothing along with Blank clothing to athletes in "Adding" logo/sponsor customization for clubs, teams and individuals.

You can reach me at WinSkinsPrinting@bellsouth.net or 828-217-0382 for a Free printing consultation and prelim pricing for your request.

No job is too small or big for us and we never turn anyone away.

We are on facebook here-
http://www.facebook.com/...ting/163273030405892

We are also on Twitter here-
http://twitter.com/#!/Tulipdude

Cheers,

Paul Sullivan
Owner-Founder
WinSkinsPrinting.com
Last edited by: winskins: Feb 29, 12 12:36
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [winskins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 - WinSkins is amazing! Just sent my ITU suit their way for 2012 season printing. Sure, you can find cheaper ... but if you want it done right then its the best place in town. Don't ruin a high quality suit with a bad print-job. Also, if it is an ITU suit (?) then you're risking a lot more than just aesthetics if it isn't done right.

@GrizzlyBaird | Strava | Website
My Supporters: QT2 Systems | The Olympic Club | First Endurance | Rudy Project | BlueSeventy | NormaTec
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [winskins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is winskins gone?
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, site looks long gone. a lot more places can likely print on suits now as the printing materials are more easily available than they were just a few years ago. anyone with an eco-solvent large format printer and some good knowledge on high stretch printable films should be able to handle it.

if anyone out there who's a graphic designer wants to manage the layout side of things my company could jump back into suit printing. We/I just don't have enough time to work with customers for one on one suit layouts. Printing is easy, getting the layout all squared away often takes a bit more time and tri suit layout is a bit of a mystery if you're not a triathlete so I can't really toss this to a regular in house designer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i believe yes.

just so you know, we have a printing facility here. we're pretty busy with all the big races coming up but we still can do a <7days turnaround. don't hesitate to contact us; we're always glad to help.
best,

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit logo printing? [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you guys only print on your tri suits or can you print on any of the manufacturers suits? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
is winskins gone?

(Delayed Reply)

yes it's gone. paul's doing other stuff now.
Quote Reply