Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg Questions....
Quote | Reply
Currently on stock Felt IA FRD front end, and need some new longer extensions, thought it might be a good time to look at an upgrade...

With regards to the Tririg Scoops Ultimate SL, am I correct in saying that I would no longer be able to use a typical BTB bottle setup? I currently use a very minimal BTB bottle mount - the profile design HC mount.

https://sportfactoryproshop.com/...-hc-mount-with-cage/

Again, I'm -not- using a tririg handlebar, just a stock felt carbon base bar, so assuming no option to use their dragonfly thingy..

For the Scoops arm cups (open or closed), what is the difference between the 'signature' model and the non-signature model? The signature models are less expensive, but they have no description or measurements posted for them to say what is different..

Oh, also....would the length of the scoops arm cups also preclude me from using the profile design HC mount and BTB water bottle? Looks like they may get in the way... :(

Thanks!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Feb 7, 24 3:05
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Questions.... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Currently on stock Felt IA FRD front end, and need some new longer extensions, thought it might be a good time to look at an upgrade...

With regards to the Tririg Scoops Ultimate SL, am I correct in saying that I would no longer be able to use a typical BTB bottle setup? I currently use a very minimal BTB bottle mount - the profile design HC mount.

Again, I'm -not- using a tririg handlebar, just a stock felt carbon base bar, so assuming no option to use their dragonfly thingy..

For the Scoops arm cups (open or closed), what is the difference between the 'signature' model and the non-signature model? The signature models are less expensive, but they have no description or measurements posted for them to say what is different..

Oh, also....would the length of the scoops arm cups also preclude me from using the profile design HC mount and BTB water bottle? Looks like they may get in the way... :(

Thanks!

Overview of their cups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu9cJvbb6gY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Fouriers. It's a Chinese brand that makes all sorts of cool small parts (including very long extensions if you want to go a different direction). One of the things they make is a zip-tie bottle mount that's pretty universal.

https://www.aliexpress.us/...pt=glo2usa4itemAdapt
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Questions.... [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. I believe you'll be limited on a BTA option if just using the ultimate scoops. You could Macgyver it and wrap velcro straps or long zip ties (velcro would prob hold better due to the shape) under the padding which would go around the scoops as a possible workaround. Not sure how secure the BTA would be though... There are also numerous bolt inserts under the scoops to adjust reach that may be utilized if you find a bta bracket that could reach those inserts.

"Heart Rate, Watts, I have no idea, I race, I don't pace." Andrew Starykowicz
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Questions.... [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
Check out Fouriers. It's a Chinese brand that makes all sorts of cool small parts (including very long extensions if you want to go a different direction). One of the things they make is a zip-tie bottle mount that's pretty universal.

Thanks. That bottle mount basically does the same thing as my current minimal profile design mount. I guess what I'm really wondering is how a btb bottle mount of any kind can work with the long trig scoops and/or scoops ultimate, when -not- using the tririg alpha base bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Questions.... [Specialized22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized22 wrote:
Correct. I believe you'll be limited on a BTA option if just using the ultimate scoops. You could Macgyver it and wrap velcro straps or long zip ties (velcro would prob hold better due to the shape) under the padding which would go around the scoops as a possible workaround. Not sure how secure the BTA would be though... There are also numerous bolt inserts under the scoops to adjust reach that may be utilized if you find a bta bracket that could reach those inserts.

Thanks, yeah could probably figure out something. I usually like using just a normal water bottle that I take in and out of the BTB cage to drink from. I guess it would prob be easier to get something working with a torpedo bottle that is not being removed while riding....
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Feb 7, 24 6:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
mathematics wrote:

Thanks. That bottle mount basically does the same thing as my current minimal profile design mount. I guess what I'm really wondering is how a btb bottle mount of any kind can work with the long trig scoops and/or scoops ultimate, when -not- using the tririg alpha base bar.

Ahhh I didn't realize the new Scoops didn't use a round base bar at all. That does make it more complicated. If you're comfortable with it you can bend some sheet aluminum into a _/\_ shape with drill outs at the bottom and top. The bottom would get sandwiched between the flag mounting interface of the scoops and the mounting plate on the base bars, and the bottle cage bolted on top.

There's probably a company that makes something like this but it's an easy first jump into part making, if you want to go down that road
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the below mount attached to the TriRig scoops before and it should work for the Ultimate as well. Instead of using the clamps provided, I just used the holes in the scoops with a screw and bolt to attach it directly to the bottom side. Quite secure.

https://planetcyclery.com/...kZfwaehoCdusQAvD_BwE

As far as the SL line, I’m pretty sure that stands for “super light”. The SL scoops run a bit narrower and have a bit less options on mounting holes.

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

Thanks!

Had the Felt IA FRD for years and yes, I think you'd but out of luck using any kind of BTA mount with the Ultimate. I just but them on the Cervelo P5, but I have mounting holes on the stock front.

Maybe you can find and aftermarket piece that would bolt to the existing pad holes and would have drilled holes in the center to mount to.

Better off using the open or close TR scoops with your existing aero bars. You could run zip ties or velcro under the scoops for the BTA setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Questions.... [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to those extra long extensions? Tried to find them but no luck.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Questions.... [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Thanks!

Had the Felt IA FRD for years and yes, I think you'd but out of luck using any kind of BTA mount with the Ultimate. I just but them on the Cervelo P5, but I have mounting holes on the stock front.

Maybe you can find and aftermarket piece that would bolt to the existing pad holes and would have drilled holes in the center to mount to.

Better off using the open or close TR scoops with your existing aero bars. You could run zip ties or velcro under the scoops for the BTA setup.

Am I correct in saying that the opens would be better for me given that the felt bars don't offer any tilt? Though I suppose I could build in some tilt to the pads using some washers and longer screws...., and put on a set of the Gamma 115 extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
anthonypat wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Thanks!

Am I correct in saying that the opens would be better for me given that the felt bars don't offer any tilt? Though I suppose I could build in some tilt to the pads using some washers and longer screws...., and put on a set of the Gamma 115 extensions.

Just saying with the Scoops you'd better be able to use a BTA mount.

Depending on the shape of your extensions and how forward/ back you want the scoops there is a chance they may rest on your extensions creating a tilt. If not there are a few places that makes extension tilt blocks that can go between the IA pad mount and the Scoops.Yopu may want to see what shape of extensions that could work with what you envison. Maybe a ski bend which will rise to where you wants your hands resting with additional tilt if you do indeed go that route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have those arm pads but in an effort to narrow mine and use the BTA (Xlab Torpedo) the Wolf Tooth b-rad 3 slot mounting base did the trick. I mounted it to the existing base below using two aluminum spacers, a longer one in the back to level the bottle. The extra slots allow a custom bottle placement.
Quote Reply