Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg.com Components
Quote | Reply
Anyone had success with any of the Tririg products? I'm thinking specifically the pedals (Mercury) and stem (Sigma), but interested in feedback on their brakes and bars (i.e. Omega, Alpha etc).
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [Nunchuck_Canuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the front brake
Easy to install and adjust,good stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Omega brakes on the front and back and absolutely love them. Really good quality, great stopping power, and looks awesome

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the omega on the front. It has been trouble free and reliable. solid product. They put the time into developing and refining products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be interested in the responses. I just ordered the Alpha aero bar and the Omega brakes. They have a 10% off sale going on right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the omega sv, been running it for a few weeks and braking seems to be good. Installation was pretty easy as they have a video guide how to do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have at least one of everything they sell except for the pedals. They do a great job with their stuff. Some little niggles here and there, but for the most part, the stuff is very well designed and I know they test everything thoroughly. The Sigma stem is quite a piece of work. Really does a nice job of helping to clean up cables. Don't know what you're running for a front brake, but it's almost crazy to get a Sigma stem and NOT run it in combination with an Omega front brake. It's a gorgeous setup and so clean.

One thing the Sigma stem is NOT is light. It's a substantial piece of equipment. I use it in combination with their Alpha aerobar and, together, it's a light setup. But the sigma stem alone is not a light stem ... so if you're a weight weenie, be advised.

Haven't heard much from anyone who's tried the Mercury pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [~C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
~C wrote:
I have the omega on the front. It has been trouble free and reliable. solid product. They put the time into developing and refining products.

Nabbed me an omega this week for the 10% off sale. Should be here tomorrow.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have the Omega SVs and an Alpha for a Shiv. Haven't built it, yet. I'm excited about the part and they look great. Should have some miles on it by the end of the month and will respond then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the Omega Brake. It was cool and worked great. Easy to setup and adjust. The alpha on the other hand is really flimsy, poorly finished, clear coat chips and peals off easily and is not that easy to adjust, the shim/risers are cheesy and hard to get to mess together. For $800 stick with a legit company. Also the Gamma extensions need to be reamed out and that is messy and potentially dangerous work. Would not recommend those either. Pay an extra $50 and get some stuff from a real company with a real return policy.

"Wait.....and Hope" -Edmond Dantes
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. This has sold me on the sigma. Tririg owes you a finders fee ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, had to do a double take on "niggles" never heard of that word before but appreciate the feedback. Was aware of the weight penalty not too concerned because i've been doing crossfit over the winter to lose weight ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bit the bullet last night on the sigma. I'll post some thoughts whenever I get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [BambooKing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Also the Gamma extensions need to be reamed out and that is messy and potentially dangerous work. Would not recommend those either. Pay an extra $50 and get some stuff from a real company with a real return policy."

My Gamma extensions were fine. Did you actually attempt to make a return if you thought there was a manufacturing defect with yours? (I had a problem with the lever arm on one of my Omega brakes and he sent a replacement arm to me right away.) What makes you think TriRig isn't a "real company"? What do you do for a living? My hat's off to Nick for seeing market opportunities and creating products to meet them. I've used aerobars by Vision, Easton, Hed, numerous 3T, USE, and ones that came with bikes manufactured by Trek, Specialized and Blue. I haven't found there to be anything different about the quality of my Alphas or Gammas compared to the products from those companies.

Nick is an entrepreneur who started the whole TriRig thing from scratch not very long ago. I have no idea what kind of staff he has. I'm pretty sure he's still a small-scale operation, but that doesn't mean he's not a "real company." As I see it, this country would do very well to have a whole lot more Nicks/TriRigs and a whole lot fewer folks who whine on internet forums.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob, thanks very much for the kind words!

Just as a quick PSA, we are going to be making a rolling change to the Gamma extensions so that they will be reamed in 100mm on each end (currently only 40mm). The reason we keep them thicker throughout is to make sure they're strong enough to absorb some of the ridiculously-high torque specs on some bars out there. The thin sections will easily take 5 Nm, but probably not 11-12 Nm as you see on some bars. The newer reaming will be implemented by the end of this year.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next time you cable the rear brake, may I suggest i link or similar .. will improve the angle of approach into the top tube..
I imagine the cable taking a sharp turn aftr the housing ferrule inside the top tube .... (nice set up tho..).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run the Omega up front on a 7 series SC.

Good product and well supported when i had a minor issue (small paint finish issue).

They work well when set up correctly, and using good pads..

They do need to be kept clean behind the small fairing though for optimal function, which is not a criticism, just an FYI...
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now if only they didn't charge a small fortune to ship to Canada!
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Complain less.. see what postage is to Australia from the US... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shadwell wrote:
Complain less.. see what postage is to Australia from the US... ;)

Is it more or less than the 40USD it costs to ship to new zealand?
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More cos we are further from the US than you guys ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shadwell wrote:
More cos we are further from the US than you guys ;)

Wow, cheaper shipping AND we are better at rugby/cricket! Gotta love NZ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great Products, Great reviews.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg.com Components [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't agree more as a Welshman living in Oz..
Quote Reply