Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tribike transport pack and ship
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any experience with tribike transport's pack and ship service vs their fully assembled service? Starting at $400 it is not cheap, does the assembly and disassembly make it worthwhile over just shipping it yourself or taking on the plane?

Do they give specific instructions on how to mark your bike so it is put together based on your fit? Do they do a good job marking it when they pack it after the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike transport pack and ship [Rrr8400] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump on this. anyone? i signed up for vineman 70.3 (well, currently on the waitlist, but everyone is expected to get in) coming from NY and the only tribike transport option is the pack and ship. sucks that it's $425. i figure it will cost another $150+ to ship the bike and have it disassembled and then reassembled so that will bring me to $575. yikes.....
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike transport pack and ship [wahoowatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at bike flights?

http://www.bikeflights.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike transport pack and ship [Rrr8400] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i used this service a few years back (2007 to IMAZ) and 2008 (to IMCDA). i was pleased with the service, but it was about $200 then and climbing. at $400, there is no way i'd consider it. you can ship your bike Fedex for $50+ each way in a bike shipping case. the nice thing i really like about the service was that they set up right next to the transition area, where it was easy to pick up your bike (not unassembled) and drop it off after the race. $400 is alot for that convenience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wahoowatri wrote:
bump on this. anyone? i signed up for vineman 70.3 (well, currently on the waitlist, but everyone is expected to get in) coming from NY and the only tribike transport option is the pack and ship. sucks that it's $425. i figure it will cost another $150+ to ship the bike and have it disassembled and then reassembled so that will bring me to $575. yikes.....

Hi,

Just to be clear, the round-trip shipping is included in the price, as is the onsite receiving, assembly, disassembly and re-packing. All that is not included is the packing and rebuilding at the origin and return destination.

Thanks,

Marc Lauzon, President
TriBike Transport
http://www.tribiketransport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike transport pack and ship [Marc L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, really? Marc, thanks for commenting! I just planned all these other arrangements that would be cheaper because I thought the $425 only included shipping home and not round-trip. Which I thought was insane to pay $425 just for you to assemble my bike and then disassemble and ship home. I now see on the website it says "Once you've completed your reservation, expect an email from us by the next business day with more information - including a shipping label to affix to your bike case or box." I didn't really put it together that that would be round trip shipping - maybe you should make that clearer? Now that I know that TBT makes a lot more sense. Although the arrangements I thought out yesterday would still be ~$75 cheaper (I was planning to ship to NorCal BikeSport (Vineman bike sponsor) and they would assemble and dissamble/re-pack for me for $150 total, plus I figured another $200 for roundtrip shipping).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wahoowatri,

thanks for the feedback. We'll have another look at the language on the site to make it clearer.

Best,

Marc Lauzon, President
TriBike Transport
http://www.tribiketransport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike transport pack and ship [Marc L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You forgot to mention the $40 off early bird coupon - that just sealed the deal for me ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just used them for ironman florida.. Worked out great.. it was nice not to have the extra worry and my bike was right at the race site when I got there, then after the race just give it back and no worries. I will ship my bike with them again when possible.
Quote Reply