Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlete Mags bike review....
Quote | Reply
Once I stopped drooling over the cover and the other semi nude pictures inside. I scanned all the new bikes on the market. I noticed that quite a few pictures had non stock items on them... For instance the BMC tt03 which retails at around $2200 had zipp wheels and cockpit but when I went to their website the same bike had profiles and shimano wheels.... What gives, why do you think they showed bikes with 2k in upgrades list at the stock price? Have you guys notice this before?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Mags bike review.... [turn n' burn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably to get you to go to their website to check out their products. See it worked.

I have always noticed this with the review and sometimes they say that the bike does not come with these options.

Sort of misleading but that is what the marketing teams do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all in making it sexy, especially in glossy print! Happens all the time in every industry, and has been working wonders since the dawn of advertising :)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Mags bike review.... [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It didn't work because I looked at the retail price and wondered how it could be less than the price of the wheels and the cockpit by themselves...Makes me wonder what else their saying that's false....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Makes me wonder what else their saying that's false....

Have you ever read any article in any athletic magazine (Inside Tri, Triathlete, RW etc...) that you agreed 100% with?

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Mags bike review.... [Recall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course not but when they say a particular bike costs $2,200 but the one actually shown is $4,400 that's a different story.... They should at least say $2,200, model shown $4,400. Just like the car commercials do.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found Triathlete's reviews the most useless part of the magazine, even worse than the training articles, personally
I only read the column that Scott Tinely writes.
They print pretty pictures of a whole bunch of products and they say they are all very very good. Somebody has
to teach these guys the proper use of superlative adjectives.

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As both a retailer and magazine guy, you can't always blame the bike companies... a lot of time the folks putting together the magazine (ie, pasting pics into layup) don't know the diff between a TT02, TT03, tai chi, or chai tea.
I'm not accusing Triathlete of incompetency, and I don't think anyone means to be intentionally misleading.

Boring finance guy now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The magazines are of use for pictures and adverts only, just like Penthouse/Playboy.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Mags bike review.... [trohat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, when the wrote the Qrings come in 50/34, and they do not, I now have to question anything I read in them. :o(

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Mags bike review.... [legonis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All magazines that review any commercial product will review the product favorably; unless, of course, the product manufacturer does not advertise with the magazine. Its about survival. There are websites out there that tell it like it is (slowtwitch.com, stevesdigicams.com, tomshardware.com, etc) and are not in it for the $. Magazines are constantly worried about advertising dollars. Thats how a piece of SCUBA equipment that has a high likelihood of killing someone (Aqualung i3) can be the best thing since sliced bread. If you really want to know about the best new bikes out there post a poll on Slowtwitch.

-Tri'd Japan, Tri'n Alabama, Tri'n Texas-
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Mags bike review.... [walkinghispath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, whay I don't like is how many pages in issue is wasted on the reviews.

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply