Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlete, ultrarunner and Barkley Marathon conqueror John Kelly
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete, ultrarunner and Barkley Marathon conqueror John Kelly [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And John could not be a nicer and more genuine guy. Congrats again, John!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete, ultrarunner and Barkley Marathon conqueror John Kelly [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically, *DR* John Kelly. He's a PhD in electrical & computer engineering. Is there anything he can't do?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete, ultrarunner and Barkley Marathon conqueror John Kelly [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is there anything he can't do?

Win an Ironman apparently. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But, I thought an Ironman was the ultimate endurance challenge... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I immediately thought of the other [other-other?] John Kelley

http://www.runnersworld.com/...n-j-kelley-1930-2011

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"...Completing a Barkley Fun Run (3 loops, within time limits) is probably roughly equivalent to qualifying for Kona..."

This is probably the only part that readers here caught, and now everyone thinks they could crack three loops at FHSP lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the interview, Herbert.
Follow the race as I used to spend some vacs in the area and think of it as the ultimate foot race.
I actually hiked the approximate loop once.

Didn't know he was a triathlete.
Impressive to be able to do both well.

I especially enjoyed his comment about the even playing field in ultra running.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete, ultrarunner and Barkley Marathon conqueror John Kelly [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived for 10 years in Tennessee
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete, ultrarunner and Barkley Marathon conqueror John Kelly [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really neat story, seems like an awesome and stand up guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He also made it clear that he is an ultrarunner who does triathlon, versus the other way around. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete, ultrarunner and Barkley Marathon conqueror John Kelly [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Mike Wardian failed to complete the fun run, or even 1 loop, tells me that it is a little more difficult than kona qualifying!
Maybe Kona qualifiying as a pro is about as tough!
Quote Reply