Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri or Bike Shorts Ironman Bike Leg
Quote | Reply
i did my first 100 mile ride last weekend and did it in my zoot tri shorts. i like them because they are nice and tight and hold everything well. whats the advantage of cyclying in a pair of bike shorts for the bike leg vs. tri shorts. do you guys switch out your shorts in T1, T2 or just do the whole race in your tri shorts? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Tri or Bike Shorts Ironman Bike Leg [TRIA3SM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say if you are comfortable in tri shorts for the whole race why change. Some people need the extra padding in bike shorts for the long rides. Myself I rather ride in tri shorts all the time and find bike shorts to bulky, especially in the aero position.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think your butt can answer that question for you. If you can do the long ride in your tri shorts then that is the way to would go. Eliminate the need to change in the transitions and you gain easy time.

--Roberto

Representing:
De Soto Clothing
Marin Bicycles
Chariot Carriers
Karhu Skis
Kayland Boots
Nemo Tents
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my bike shorts make my bits and pieces go numb on the tri bike, so I only use the tri shorts.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I simply pulled a pair of bike shorts over my tri shorts in T1 and then whipped off the bike shorts in T2. Total time to add the much-needed extra padding and remove it in T2? About 10 seconds.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My first IM, I didnt know what to expect and changed into a pair of pearl izumi microsensor shorts for the ride, my butt was comfy, but my transition was like 8 minutes. My second one, I used desoto forzza power pocket tri shorts for the entire race. The desotos were nice also.

Quote Reply