Prev Next
Tri gear you would like to see this year - 2017
Quote | Reply
Shimano/SRAM disc brakes for Cervelo P5-X
Zipp 858
Redesigned disc brake wheels from Zipp
A new S-Works Tri shoe without the boa heel
Garmin 930 WHERE ARE YOU

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 2, 17 8:13
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can say is wait until the end of March/early April.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something like this maybe? Note that the heel is neoprene and optional :)

Muhahahaha, I've been holding out on you guys. With a LOT of stuff :)

Things I'd like to see:
  • Someone come out with a better carbon fiber disc cover (like Catalyst but with a better option for attachment than tape)
  • A cleat based power meter based on speed play pedals (basically what Brim Bros was working on)
  • Some sort of a low-profile wristband for the 920xt
  • A multisport watch meant to be worn on the inside of the wrist and with the screen tilted ~45 degrees so you can easily tilt your wrist to check power on the bike or heart rate on the run. I'm so tempted to design and 3d print my own wrist band for the 920xt to accomplish these last two goals.
  • A long-sleeve tri-suit but in a light color (basically a Kona Wings top but attached to a bottom)
  • eTap blips that don't need the blip box. I paid enough for the damn groupset, heck, integrate the batteries and I'll buy $30 blips once a year.
  • eTap 1x12 with a handful of cassette options (11-30, 11-32, 11-36, 11-40) and an aero narrow/wide direct mount chainring :)
  • Aero gloves. I know Castelli used to make them but I can't find them anywhere.
  • A larger variety of aero bar extensions. Seriously, why is it we have to "hack" our way to a mantis position and why is it that every friggin extension is limited to 360mm in length?
  • A larger variety of aero bar extensions for various grips. See Kienle's new grip and the classic stacked hands. This could be accomplished via creative shaping or the use of bridges between the bars.
  • An aero bash/chainguard for 1x setups. This would be especially useful for bikes where you can't remove the FD hanger. Someone with the time and access to a 3D printer could mock something up pretty easily.
  • A new Shiv with better aerodynamics and SWAT integration into... basically all of the tubes, lol

Things I'm looking forward to:
  • The MORF Tech bar (the latest iteration is AWESOME, pics if Frank is ok with it next week)
  • The Zipp 858 (you know it's coming)
  • Culprit's new aero stem. It's pretty slick.

Last edited by: GreenPlease: Feb 28, 17 20:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Zipp 858
Garmin 930 WHERE ARE YOU

My thoughts exactly. Plus,

• Direct TrainingPeaks-GC file transfer
  • Upgraded Felt storage

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quality custom sized tri clothing, not just custom designs. But made to fit based off your measurements, similar to a custom suit would be.

New zipp aero bar

Better athlete tracking via GPS available at races for everyone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some more generic hard-sided bento boxes. Preferably easier to get stuff in & out of than the Torhans.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cuore offer a tailored trisuit, though it isn't all encompassing:

https://www.cuore.ch/custom/eu/en/GOLD-MEN-TRIATHLON-S-SLEEVE-TWO-IN-ONE-TRI-SUIT.html?cSEOid=602040cc330a0e000aa4e5d660ee6a21

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:
BryanD wrote:
Zipp 858
Garmin 930 WHERE ARE YOU

My thoughts exactly.

By some accounts this is very imminent. It seem as though it will have the same form-factor as the fenix 5, so I don't really see how they will differentiate the two given that Garmin have historically standardised firmware features across their top-end watches.

However this guy has a very good track record, most recently with leaked images and details of the Fenix 5/5S/5X months ahead of time that proved correct, so I'm inclined to believe him.

I'd like to see a new TT bike from Specialized, the Shiv is way overdue a refresh; I'd guess the delay probably has something to do with disc-brakes given how invested Specialized seem to be in them.

Other than that, I'd like to actually be able to buy some decent tri suits in the UK, everything seems to be on back-order for months on end.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the look of that. I've been holding off replacing my 910. I wanted a run watch but if this is close to the size of the run watches then I want it

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I like the look of that. I've been holding off replacing my 910.

yep.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Something like this maybe? Note that the heel is neoprene and optional :)

• A long-sleeve tri-suit but in a light color (basically a Kona Wings top but attached to a bottom)

How about this from Kiwami?

Last edited by: BryanD: Mar 1, 17 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was talking about full sleeves and the top being mostly white.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was hoping Specialized would come out with something like this

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
  • A cleat based power meter based on speed play pedals (basically what Brim Bros was working on)

x2!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [mblocher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Speedplay powermeter. Please. Someone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That garmin 935 is coming in april.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope it's small and awesome or I am going to get a run watch instead. I hated how big the 910 and 920 are.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Round, more like a 735

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to go sell my 910

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
Round, more like a 735

I wonder what features it will have that the 735 doesn't?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see a larger DSW speedpack.

One that can fit the kitchen sink for crazy long events, or for long training rides. And one that can also hold a big smartphone, even if the phone has a big 'ol protective case.

(well, wait just a little while longer,
because you just might be in luck ... )

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
tri-run wrote:
Round, more like a 735

I wonder what features it will have that the 735 doesn't?

Probably 20+ hour battery life with GPS and 1s data recording. Probably not much more than that. There are rumors of an advanced footpod for more run metrics released alongside the 930 or 935 or whatever they call it, but not sure if it'd work exclusively with the new watch of if it could pair with 735 and 920 also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My source in garmin said it's based on the 735, round but lower profile. altimeter, optical hr (improved but we'll see) better battery life. Apparently garmin research has shown athletes want a round face, though I'd rather keep the 920 square face but loose some bulk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can buy these. Its about 2000 a pair. I think Adam Henson or whatever that rides for lottosudal makes them.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Tri gear you would like to see this year [stdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are mine :) They're made by Simmons Customs

http://simmons-racing.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next