Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri cycling shoe help...
Quote | Reply
Ok...im certain I'm putting too much thought into this! I'm trying to decide between Shimano and Pealizumi cycling shoes. I ride Speedplay pedals (unlimited float) and no socks. Which brand and model do u recommend and why...any help would be awesome. Also, any sales going on that your aware of...Pearlizumi just came out with the Tr5?
Thank you, Larry
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [Larryl115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized Trivents work well for me. Go to a tri shop and try on a bunch of different brands.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helps, to know a little about the personal anatomy of your foot ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Limited here in Coeurdalene, Idaho...heck we just got sunshine this morning for the first time in 6 months...đŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a normal 9.5 foot and run in size 10 Hoka's that are neutral.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you can wear just about any cycling shoe, then. Backcountry, Jenson USA, REI all have easy return methods if you need to return a shoe that you don't like. I wear Lakes, but only because they have a very robust toe box.

Cheers,
G
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checking out those now...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mtb shoes with SPD and rigid soles

- easy to walk anywhere when training
- can run easily in transition during race- no huge negative camber - no risk of clogging cleats, no leg cramps or skids - hamstrings and calves can relax saving heaps of time
- can enter pedals even if you collect mud and grass on the way out of T1
- double sided entry on pedals
- better water drainage than most road shoes
- easy to get cleats and can pick float
- small light pedals and cleats
- cheap
- easy to get weatherproof shoes with SPD for winter and rain training
- can have same pedals on mtb and commuter and tri bike - same shoes
- the sole gives you good grip when pushing off at the lights when training

example :
http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360098528/Shimano-M065-SPD-Mountain-Bike-Shoes-Offroad-Shoes-Black-2015-BM06536.jpg?w=1100&h=1100&a=7
http://images.esellerpro.com/2375/I/166/559/9/DMTTground.jpg

in the winter or rain can swap to these :
http://www.bicyclenewswire.com/rel_img/NorthwaveCelsius.jpg

Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting I've never thought of that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Larryl115 wrote:
Ok...im certain I'm putting too much thought into this! I'm trying to decide between Shimano and Pealizumi cycling shoes

Actually, I don't think you are putting to much thought into. If anything you are putting to little. I don't know your goals or outcomes, but if you want to go fast I wouldn't go with either shoe.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Larryl115 wrote:
Ok...im certain I'm putting too much thought into this! I'm trying to decide between Shimano and Pealizumi cycling shoes

Actually, I don't think you are putting to much thought into. If anything you are putting to little. I don't know your goals or outcomes, but if you want to go fast I wouldn't go with either shoe.

I would agree with TG here I have a pair of pearl izumi tri fly iv carbons they are stiff and comfortable but at the time that is the only thing that I was worried about. Now I wish I had put way more thought into it, Aerodynamics being one of the the biggest.

I know you have your blog about the Giro SLX shoes that you have. How are those working out for you? and is the extra money worth it for the SLX or are the ACC with Easton 90 soles just as good? I am sure the stiffness is pretty close, but is the comfort worth the extra $100, or is there more to the $ figure than just comfort?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HonestYP wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Larryl115 wrote:

I would agree with TG here I have a pair of pearl izumi tri fly iv carbons they are stiff and comfortable but at the time that is the only thing that I was worried about. Now I wish I had put way more thought into it, Aerodynamics being one of the the biggest.

I know you have your blog about the Giro SLX shoes that you have. How are those working out for you? and is the extra money worth it for the SLX or are the ACC with Easton 90 soles just as good? I am sure the stiffness is pretty close, but is the comfort worth the extra $100, or is there more to the $ figure than just comfort?

I have no experience with the ACC but I can say that the majority of my bike miles come from commuting where I use Shimano's cheapest MTB shoe and it isn't very rigid. Never once have I thought I am losing power and this is from riding group rides with guys who use GP4000s meanwhile I have a rear rack, bags, and 42mm bulletproof tires.

I had some interest in the Simmons shoes but now after seeing the data I think I am out. I am still open to Rocket7. I have a hunch that part of the reasons the Simmons shoe may have not tested great is that they are shaped to the foot which creates a bunch of unnatural curves/ridges etc versus the stock bullet shape that is the SLX. Part of the Rocket7 would be to get a natural 4-bolt pattern so I can use Speedplay pedals which lower my stack and get me further to the ground which have been also recently shown independently to be faster. My bet is for now I stay on my Giro Empire SLX but switch to Speedplay with the adapter plate.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love pearl izumi shoes. Been riding them for 6 years now and have never had a problem with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe help... [Mfree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank u for the recimmendation
Quote Reply