Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri bikes
Quote | Reply
I am starting training for an Ironman (my first) and currently ride a road bike but am interested in getting a tri bike......right now I am leaning toward a QR (figure they are dedicated to the tri so why not....?) but everyone spouts theirs as the best and greatest....any advice on a first bike that I would love to grow into and keep for a few years? I am 5'11'' and around 205lbs....(hopefully I will get down to 180 or so by race time).... I would like to keep it under 3000.00 but am having a hard time even justifying this for a first tri bike. Am I too large to be on a Carbon bike?

Lloyd

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bikes [dwtdct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just purchased my first Tri Bike, an '05 QR Caliente and love it!!!! I am similiar in size, 5'11.5" 187lbs. It is aluminum with carbon seat stays and fork, very smooth and responsive ride. I ride hills alot and it is as comfortable as my roadie. If you shop around online, you can get some screaming deals on last years QR's, check trisports and all3sports.com. Gook luck!!!!

Herkie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a used Trek Equinox. I have been much happier with it than with my road bike and aero bars. I can't say that it has made a difference in my running (I've never done an IM) but it is more comfortable to sit on.

Hubby and I are thinking of me doing IM Brazil. I will use my Equinox if so, not my Giant road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can go with the Cervelo Dual or the QR Kilo, both great bikes and under $2000. Don't forget to factor in the addional purchases you'll probably make that will bring your total cost up a bit (race wheels, saddle, etc.)

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply